1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever make an important life decision based on a fortune cookie?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jargon, Nov 10, 2011.

1. jargon

So I just posted something here the other day on this same topic, and I hate to be a pain, clogging up boards and all, but the moment of truth at hand and I’m feeling less confident in what I need to do by the minute.

Here’s the condensed version: I like girls. I probably also like guys. I’d really like to explore this, but I’m currently in a relationship with a really great girl. We’ve been together 2 years now. I’m losing my attraction to her - definitely physically, but also emotionally, etc. I don’t think the physical side has anything to do with orientation, since I’ve never much cared enough about being straight to force it if I didn’t like girls, and she has put on a lot of weight since we’ve been dating. The emotional side – I dunno, maybe things are just settling? If you want the full story, you could go here: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/support-advice/53281-discovering-bisexuality-straight-relationship.html

So. I’m back and forth every couple of hours on whether I really want to be in this relationship or not/whether I’m attracted to her or not/whether I’m attracted to other people or not/whether to tell her I’m bi/what I need to say to her, etc. I don’t want to hurt her needlessly if I’m just going through a weird phase. I’ve been doing this on and off for weeks now. Usually I’m known as the stable, dependable friend, but right now I’m all over the place and I don’t quite know how to handle it.

Oh, if you came here to read about the cookie, here’s what it said: “The person closest to you is more important than you realize.” That seems fantastically straight-forward to me. Then again, fortune cookies are randomized nonsense phrases for kicks and jiggles after your chicken teriyaki. Anybody ever take a fortune cookie seriously? How’d it turn out for you?

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have before. My fortune cookie said
    "be yourself and you will fit in anywhere"

This actually made me realize that I should start to research who I am, and that led me here, which gave me the confidence to come out to my mom and to be fully out at my college campus.

But most likely that was all just really good luck on my part..