1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did he like me back then? And should I ask if he still likes me now?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by don29002, Nov 10, 2011.

1. don29002

Beware: This is a VERY long post. But please read it :grin:

I have a friend from school named Brad. He used to always ask out girls every month but they would break his heart. And theres this one girl he likes named Lacey who every straight guy at my high school likes, but she's single.
    Every day I used to see every guy shout out "Oh my God it's Lacey!" and they would try and wave to her from our class. And my teacher would sit there and laugh at them. I would too. (Since she's mean to me.)
    Also about Brad he's in my English class, Biology, History, Lunch period, and my Algebra class. In English class he sang to me once. He literally got out his seat, and RAN to my desk. (I sit in a row of 2 desks by myself so thats why) And naturally people did stare at us. Back then I was not into him at all--I thought he was stuck up; and still do somewhat--but it turns out he likes me.
    3 weeks ago, me and Brad were in the halls walking alone together. That's when he said this to me: "Donald when you do that thing (widen) your big beautiful brown eyes you do it like Ms. Nava does it." (Ms Nava is our English 1 teacher)
    I think he definitely likes me but I only maybe 10% out of 100 like him back only because I hate his personality--his kiss up type ways.
    In English once we were reading Romeo and Juliet at our desks out loud. Every week Ms. Nava would assign different people various parts. Every week one thing that didn't change: Brad wanted a part badly so he could do his impressions, sing, and/or try to tell jokes.
    And every day if he did an impression while reading his lines, Ms. Nava would yell at him. And secretly, in my head, I'd cheer victory.
    Brad's also on the track team and football. And the teacher I mentioned earlier is also my Biology teacher and the Boys' Track coach. He's always dissing Brad for his puny size--for track, but in person and up close he's tall.
    And know the common signs of how a guy likes a girl? Messing with them, teasing them, flirting, etc? Brad does those things to me. In front of his friends. He's a performer putting on an act to make it seem like since his friends bully and talk trash about me--and its true, because I came out in May in school and everyone knows--then this might be the thing he should do to fit in.
    He'd be all in my face, making me flinch, trying to make me be scared of him, etc.
    But in history class once my straight friend Dean (who I've told I have feelings for him and still do but of course he's not interested but he's in the closet) asked Brad if he's bi like me, naturally he got defensive because he was asked directly and he said he "likes girls 100%. I'm not bisexual, I'm not gay, I'm straight!"
    Well I know his secret :wink: But I am not telling anyone.
    And anyone who puts up such a mask and makes a 10 minute statement--in my opinion--is either in the closet, in denial, or LGBTQ. Just saying lol

Now I'm a sophomore and Brad's in my geometry class. I see him daily.
    But I have a crush on him too. I loved it when he sang to me, but when I said this I looked at everything bad about him..

2. Rooni321

Do you know for sure that he is bi? Like he specifically told you?
    Because he might have liked you! I've never heard on guy call another guys eyes beautiful..like ever lol

3. don29002

Now we're in the same geometry class and we're both sophomores. Back then I hated him for the things he did to me, and didn't care whether he was gay or str8 but I did have a crush on him--on the inside--and was being rejected by MANY straight guys, so I was being defensive and denying that I'm gay so that he wouldn't be an asshole and spread it, like most str8/homophobic guys in my school love doing.