1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

transgendered please help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by firemaker13, Nov 10, 2011.

1. firemaker13

I fell inlove with a transgended person. Am I gay or what.

2. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Is the person FTM or MTF? It's totally possible for you to still be gay if you fall in love with a transgendered person. Sexuality and gender are different.

There are straight/bi-sexual/gay transgendered individuals. If a person is FTM and attracted to males, he is gay. If a person is MTF and is attracted to females, she is gay.

3. Katelynn

Well, trangendered people are just really the same as everyone else in that they just want to be accepted & loved for who they are. My advice is to just focus on how you feel & how the person you have fallen for feels, since it feelings & emotions that are the most important part of any relationship. As for whether you are gay or straight or bi-sexual because you have fallen for this person, I say screw it & forget the labels. Love is love, why go thru all of the stress of trying to put a name on it - it's love! Just be happy! I will agree with what midwestgirl89 has said above tho. I know, for me, I'm transgender MTF, & I want to be seen as just being female. And since Im only attracted to other females, I'm a lesbian & I want to be treated as such, so the stress for me in any past relationship is having to conform to a gender role & a sexuality that isnt what I'm comfortable with at all. So for me, I want a girl, whether she's trans or cisgendered female, to treat me like I'm a girl, emotionally, spiritually and physically. If you have fallen for a trans person, just see them & treat them & respect them for who they are & who they identify as!

4. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    why put a label on it?

Love is love you don't need to justify it to anyone. You're not hurting anyone or doing anything wrong. You're two concenting adults. Period.

5. Veronica

^this :slight_smile:

6. seeksanctuary

I see you ID as a lesbian.

If you're a woman and they're MTF, you'd be in a lesbian relationship. If you're a woman and they're FTM, you'd be in a straight relationship. MTFs were born with male parts but are female; FTMs were born with female parts but are male. It's pretty queer any way you slice it, but eh. =P

7. firemaker13

I can't find her on the web. But I feel like I fell inlove with her. I just told. Her. She was transgended mtf.

8. MommaFrog

Then yes, hun, you are still a lesbian, not that it matters