1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does he like me, and will he show up?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by don29002, Nov 10, 2011.

1. don29002

I'm in a complicated situation with my friend Matt. I don't know if he's str8 and joking or if he might be bi/gay and he likes me. One thing is that I used to always think about him after we would talk in the halls every day in my next class, but I was able to focus.
    So here's our history together to better understand the soap opera that is us:

Matt is a good friend of mine and I would go to his lunch table and sit with his friends and tell funny stories and jokes and him and his friends loved me for it freshman year.
    But I noticed him staring at me frequently while I'd be telling my stories. Every day.
    And he'd pull me close to him with his thumb touching my chin, which I thought was romantic in a way.
    And around Christmas time last year he told me "All I want for Christmas is you" and I smiled at him. Considering the fact that he has a [now ex] girlfriend--named Paige, and shes in college in Maryland at the UMBC.
    His girlfriend barely noticed but I'm friends with her too so I guess I got her approval lol

Yesterday:

Now I'm a sophomore and I see Matt every day. Occasionally he'll act gay around me--which is awesome because it's a great fantasy for nighttime.

Yesterday I saw Matt after gym like I always do. He was behind me and I didn't know it, I had the song "Destiny" by Zero 7 running through my mind. I had a massive crush on him at one point, and I'd considered myself as over him, done with him until he was behind me, and my obsessiveness came back..
    Suddenly I heard Matt say "Watch this" to his friend who was behind me, and Matt touched my ass--which is SUPER sexy in my mind--and I immediately turned to him and winked at him, and me, him, and his friend started busting out laughing.
    So then we started talking about the cold weather, and then I brought up the topic of going on the track for gym, since I had gym the period before and we had to go on the track today--as we do every Friday--and of course I'm a jokester, so I of course added in jokes and hilarity.
    So I told him "What's good" and he mocked me, which isn't rude to me because he's Matt--he can do what he wants with me.
    I started talking, and I said "It's cold as hell" since we went on the track (me and my gym class) for 45 minutes... and again Matt said the same thing as I.
    Ugh I WISH I could've come out to him or told him I've a crush on him.. because I REALLY want to right now.
    Matt's a senior, so I wanna tell him before he graduates...

So now I really am wondering if he's doing it to be an asshole or if he's doing it because he might have a crush on me. I don't know if it's either, but I need opinions. However, I said last Friday to a friend that I'd at least come out to him this week, but I haven't even done THAT because there's always someone he's with when we see each other.
    Now on Monday I'm definitely going to do SOMETHING... whether it be asking why he treats me like a gay puppet he can pull strings with, or coming out to him as bi.
    So what should I do?

Today I'm crushed.
    I've posted like 20 posts about my friend Matt, so let's not run overboard.
    Anyway, I saw him today. I told him I'm bi but I didn't tell him I have a crush on him. I asked him "Are you ready to date [again]?" but he said "I'm pretty straight."
    Those 3 words out his mouth crushed me.
    He's single too.. but I guess I'll just have to suck it up and go back to liking Andrew.
    So the thing I said when I came out to him was: "I'm... bi--bisexual" and he shook his head ok; so I went on talking. I told him things like "My love life is pretty fucked up." (That was the last thing I said to him before I had to catch my bus)
    Before that I told him, "When I first came here [to the town I live at now], in my drama class..." and got myself confused with what I was trying to say; I was trying to tell him that I had a habit of being obsessed with people freshman year.

So we also talked about hanging out once this week or next week.
    I asked him--since I asked him previously, "Wanna hang out?" and he said "[Today] I'm going to the gym... that's right we have a 4 day weekend..." [We're off for 4 days because the NJEA has this huge statewide 2 day meeting and every school in my state New Jersey gets off for 2 days; a Thursday and Friday in the 2nd week of November every year because of the convention.] and then he said his plans. "On Friday I have to help out my aunt with some yardwork. [Awwww how sweet...] Saturday's the football game, and Sunday I just chill at home and watch football, so I'm free."
    So I told him "Wanna hang out on Sunday?" and he said "Yeah, we can do something." So I said, "Wanna see a movie?... go to the mall?" and he said sure, and asked where I live and I told him.
    Now it's just a matter of him picking me up, and us setting a time for the movie we wanna see.... I didn't even ask him what movie we want to watch at our theater; I didn't ask him about any money issues, in case we didn't have money.

But I've been stood up by people before when they wanna hang out with me. So I wanna make sure that Matt genuinely wants to see a movie next Sunday. I was already crushed by him saying he's, according to him, "Pretty straight", so I don't wanna get stood up either.

Btw about me and him communicating he said he used to have an iPhone 4S but it broke.
    He doesn't go on his Facebook.
    He doesn't have a Twitter.
    He drives. Awesome.

Does he like me, and will he show up next Sunday?

2. Alex19

its probably best not to assume he may like you, and better to assume hes straight. also, i dont think you should tell him you like him. that could end in an unfavorable way