1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanting some advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jonamo, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Jonamo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know I'm nowhere near the most active member on these forums, but I do like to visit and offer advice. However now is where I need some.

To start off, I'm a closeted bisexual (basically only out to my longtime girlfriend) as well as a member of a social fraternity at my college. To my knowledge, they have no idea that I am bi, but I feel as if it is a big burden just laying on my shoulders.

However the opportunity for me to tell them has arisen, and I need some help to figure out how to do that. At retreats, we do an activity where, in strict confidence, each person tells the group their most intimate and deep secret. The purpose is for this to share how close we are with one another as well as us trusting in one another. My only problem is that I don't know what exactly to say. I've been running through so many ways to talk in my head but each one just doesn't feel right. If anyone has any advice or suggestions I would sincerely appreciate it.

thanks for your help, and I'll post any follow-up/reaction if people are curious.

2. Jim1454

Just don't make too big a deal of it. And approach it postively rather than as if you've been harbouring some horrible secret. It's a big deal that you're sharing it with them, but presumably you're then going to share it with others as well?

3. addie88

just say it. "i'm bi." you can add a backstory, just like the one you gave us-- it feels like a heavy burden on your shoulders, only your girlfriend knows, maybe when you officially figured it out, etc.