1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Age difference and my crush on my nail lady

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jessica816, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Jessica816

Age difference has never been a problem for me...Yet lately I've been scared of rejection. A little back story might help explain my question. There is this woman who ive had a crush on for awhile now, she does my nails and from the moment I seen her, I knew I liked her and wanted to get to know her better..She's older then me and not by a few years either, there's a pretty big age differnce between us. For some reason I have a issue with just asking her out for a drink or dinner. I can't tell if when we talk if she's just being friendly or if she likes me. She has asked me if I was single or had someone, asked me what I liked to do on my days off from work, if I like to go to the bar and if so what I liked to drink...I'm new to all this since I've only been out a little over a year. She's always happy to see me come thru the door, and always makes sure to do my nails...Help?! Any advice?!

2. MommaFrog

Firstly make sure she's not just showing good customer service... my nail guy is like that, but he's a guy, gay, and in a long term relationship... just sayin

3. Jessica816

See that's what I'm worried about, that she's just showing good customer service...I guess the only way for me to find out is for me to "bite the bullet"

4. Katelynn

Try bringing up topics of conversation that might give you clues as to how she may feel about LGBT issues or things like that. Sometimes a person's opinion can reveal a LOT about themselves, although sometimes you also run the risk of someone telling you what they think you want to hear, so be careful!

5. Jessica816

I love sitting there having these conversations with her, there sweet and they get my heart racing. I'm out going and over the top, until I sit down in the chair with her and everything that I talked myself into telling her sounds silly and makes no sense..Never have I experienced something like this