1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any advice?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ShayneTaylor, Nov 12, 2011.

1. ShayneTaylor

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I need some advice on comming out. I've chosen to live out my feelings of wanting to be male and cant afford a binder(but thts another issue), and im writing a letter to my friends and family. Im not sure how to add to my letter without getting frustrated. I have tried telling my mother before that i was gay, bisexual or whatever before i said anything about wanting to be male, and she said it was only a phase. I know for sure its not. Phases dont last for 3 years, neither does depression(also anpther issue ^^:wink:. I had planned on giving this letter to my parents on Thanksgiving, so i can do something as soon as possible. Im having trouble making sure that i get everything into this letter, but in a way that makes sense and doesnt make them question more than they already are.

Issue 1- where can i get a binder, or something close to that? (im only 15 so i cant afford much)
    Issue 2- i already have a therapist for my depression. Yay.

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

A little late, but Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

Its great to hear that you are coming to terms with yourself and that you are thinking about coming out to your parents! It can definitely be a scary process so kudos to you for taking it on :slight_smile:

1. The thing about binding is that is something that should be done safely in order to avoid damage to the skin or breaking a rib. The best advice I can give you is to start saving so you can get one later on. You should be able to get a decent one for 30-40 dollars.

2. That's great! Its always good to be able to talk to someone about our problems :slight_smile:

3. As for the letter, keep in mind that you don't have to put everything or explain every single little thing on the letter. Look at the letter as a way to start the conversation and not a way to completely tell them everything. If you were to do that then you will probably end up writing a book :slight_smile:

If you want some ideas for your letter then you can look at some examples for some inspiration :slight_smile:

Good luck and let us know how it all goes!