1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning and Crushing

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by throw, Nov 13, 2011.

1. throw

There's this amazing girl in the LGBT group at school and I have a ridiculous crush on her.

I really want to approach her or ask her out or something, but there are a few problems:

-I'm still questioning everything right now. Is it wrong for me to approach people when I don't even know if I'm gay? Will she be turned off by my uncertainty?
    -I'm graduating very soon and leaving the state. Is it worth it to even approach her at this point? We don't really know each other, so I don't want to rush anything, but there's not much time left :frowning2:

I feel kind of stupid about this whole thing :icon_redf

Any advice would be appreciated :slight_smile:

2. insidehappy

insidehappy Guest

go for it. its perfectly fine to approach someone if you're questioning as long as you're upfront about where you are. then they know where you are and what stage you're in and they can decide if they want to start something wtih you or not. you dont have to say "hi my name is jenny and i'm not sure if i'm gay but do you want to hang out?" you can just start up conversation like you would with anyone and see if you can hang out. when you hang out you can bring it up about where you are. i think that's great to do. it could be a great friend that helps you figure things out or it could even lead to a romance that helps you clear things up too or if could make you feel like "ok i'm really not that interested in girls". everyone starts somewhere. if anyone makes you feel bad for being at the level or place you're in, then they are not good for you anyway.

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think its ok to approach her, I mean you can just say 'hi what to grab a coffee or something to eat?' You could approach it as I would like to get to know you better rather than, I absolutely want to be your girlfriend.
    I dont think she would be put off by your uncertainty but I would say that you should be completely honest with her. I think it would be good for you, I mean even if you dont end up more than friends she maybe abele to help you with your questioning as im sure she was at a similar point sometime ago. Dont feel stupid its just a natural thing to go through.

4. addie88

1) the important thing to be confident about is the fact that you like her. "i have a ridiculous crush on her" seems pretty confident to me. who cares whether you're straight, gay, bi, whatever! you like this girl. and that's what matters. i think that the confidence to ask someone out is a turn-on itself.

2) carpe diem: seize the day. or, as put eloquently in someone's signature on this site: grab life by the balls, one day at a time. (lol) so.....do it.