1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cross dressing

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Charni, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have recently discovered I like wearing girl's clothes, but I'm still straight. Is there anybody else in this situation?

2. Doctor Faustus

I'm not!
    But if you want a helping hand, feel free to talk.
    Best wishes.

3. Zontar

There's a million other guys in your situation.

Most cross-dressers (just simple cross-dressing mind you, not outright transsexualism) are straight males anyway. You have nothing to be ashamed of. It's just varied gender expression.

4. Doctor Faustus

Yeah. That's 'cos I'm not a full member yet James! I'm afraid you'll have to stick with wall posting for the moment :S. Apologies.

5. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I tried messaging a full member but couldn't. @Zontar Really? Wow thanks. Are you a cross dresser too?

6. Doctor Faustus

Maybe it's 'cos you're not a full member either?
    I'm always here anyway if you need a chat.

7. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I need to become a full member. How much does it cost? Thanks, I'll probably need it.

8. Doctor Faustus

No worries! You need to post at least 50 times and be around for at least two weeks. Then go to the "Request to Become a Full Member" thing on the front page of the forum. You'll probably have to wait about a week to hear back. I know it sucks but it's the policy, I'm afraid. I'm waiting to hear back!

Look forward to hearing from you, here, on my wall or on PM.

F.

9. Zontar

I would certainly be if I could overcome the embarrassment of going through with it.

10. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So it costs nothing? @Zontar Girl's clothes are actually softer and feel nicer than boy's clothes.

11. Katelynn

Well, I can definitely tell you that most crossdressers are straight, so dont worry about that at all! And girls clothes & underwear are so much more comfortable than guys clothes. Im MTF, so I dont consider wearing women's clothing to be crossdressing, Im dressing according to my gender. I will never go back to wearing men's jeans, ever. So much better. Two of my girlfriends are taking me underwear & clothes shopping on Wed nite, so I am so uber pumped right now! (!)

12. J Snow

Nope, becoming a full member just requires sticking around a couple weeks and posting a little bit.

Actually, I can relate a bit to your post. I've been really interested in getting into drag. Like I like dressing up as a girl and everything, but it just kind of makes me feel sad in private, like its fun but I need someone there to interpret me as feminine (not sure if that makes any sense...)

At any rate, kind of a noob when it comes to cross dressing/drag, but I'm an aspiring noob lol. If you wanna talk write on my wall sometime to start a conversation. I could be mistaken, but I think you can do that after like 10 posts or something...

edit: Oh yeah, and to mirror what everyone else has said, the majority of male cross dressers are straight, so no worries there. In fact I've been told in my queer studies class that straight=cross dresser and gay=drag queen, but that doesn't make total sense to me because I think of a cross dresser as someone who does it in private and drag queen who does it as a performance. So straight guys can't want to perform and drag queen can't like to dress as women in the privacy of their own home? Oh well, semantics...

#12 J Snow, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  13. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Welcome to EC!

Being a full member does not cost anything. It is part of the security measures that are in place here on EC. As it was mentioned above, to become a full member, you need to have at least 50 posts in various forums, and be a member for at least two weeks. Once you have reached the two week mark and have 50 posts, you can apply for full membership.

If you have discovered that you like cross dressing, it is definitely something you should explore further. If you feel that it would be good to have someone to talk to, you might want to ask if you could see a counselor at your school or in the community. Talking to a counselor could help you in exploring your feelings further and for you to understand yourself better. Keep in mind though that there are a lot of straight males who like cross dressing. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

14. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    @Kirstin. I don't wear girl's underwear. Just the other clothes. There is a diference between boy's and girl's jeans?
    @Jon. Cool is it easy to become a full member with the questions?
    @Mirko. What do you mean by further?

15. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! What I mean is try to pay attention to what your inner feelings are telling you. Sometimes, when we try to understand things closer and try to look inside of ourselves we come to a much better understanding what makes us.

Given that you have discovered it only recently, you might still find some uneasy feelings within you at some level. It would be good if you could create an understanding for yourself as to how you relate to your discovery.

You know that you are straight, and like cross dressing. The next question you could ask yourself: am I truly comfortable with it all? I might be wrong, but from your posts, it seems that you are still trying to come to terms with it fully?

16. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    When I realised I wanted to try girl's clothes I also realised my curiosity for it was slowly building for the past few years. I am still coming to terms with it. It was a huge shock for me when I did like it.

17. J Snow

You mean by asking questions on support and advice? Well since you have to wait at least two weeks to request full member, I think you could easily achieve that just asking questions on here, or even commenting on others. If you are really looking for a quick way to get your 50 posts for full member then go check out the fun & games section. There's a bunch of word games and stuff you can get a bunch of quick posts on =P

18. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'll just wait for it to get to 50 naturally.