1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I so tired of this feeling...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MommaFrog, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MommaFrog

I'm not really sure what I hope to accomplish by posting this, but I need to get it out before I explode.

I'm so sick of feeling this way. I hate this depression, I hate the fear I have everyday over so many different things. I hate that my (soon-to-be-ex) husband doesn't seem to care about our daughter, but then demands time with her. I'm tired of wondering if she's ok when she's with him. I'm tired of finding bruises on her and the State of Florida telling me there's nothing they can do about it. I'm tired of her coming home filthy and smelling like smoke and sex. I'm tired of her screaming when I undress her when she gets home. I'm tired of being afraid he's going to kill me the next time he comes to pick her up.

I'm so done with living with my unsupportive, uncaring, and insensitive family. I'm tired of being told it's all my fault because I'm the one that married him. I'm tired of having to hide who I am in fear that I will get kicked out because I am 100% reliant on them right now. I'm tired of being told my feelings don't matter. I'm tired of being told how to look, what to wear, how to do my make-up, how to dress my daughter, and how to cope with my divorce by people who won't even let me finish a sentence before I'm being yelled at over being "un-appreciative, lazy, and useless"

I just want to live a normal life with my daughter but I feel like that's never going to happen. This jerk that hurt me in countless ways is never going to go away and I hate it so much that even the Department of Children and Families knows he needs to go away but they won't do anything about it. He's threatened to kill me, take my child, and sell her because he wants her in foster care, but they let him have unsupervised visitation 6 hours at a time!!!!!

If it wen't for my daughter I would have killed myself so long ago. I just don't know what to do anymore......

Im so tired of crying all the time....

2. dreamcatcher

(*hug*) In reading your post, I couldn't help but feel completely shocked at the Florida department's lack of response. Domestic abuse should never be allowed especially when it involves a child and it really breaks my heart to see this happening to you and your daughter. That being said, if he's threatened you and your daughter has visible bruises on her skin then you have the grounds for at least get a restraining order for you and your daughter.

Have you spoken to a legal advisor? There is a hotline in Florida where legal advisors can direct you to resources as well as give you some legal advice on your situation. Granted, because it's free, they might take awhile to respond but here is the number just in case you haven't checked. Florida Domestic violence legal hotline: 1-800-500-1119 Ext. 3.

Also have you checked out your local domestic violence center? There should be one near your area. I live in the Orlando area and there are plenty or Domestic abuse centers around here where they offer counseling and help you get back on your feet.

As for your family, I don't really know what to say except hang in there until you can figure out a way in which you can become financially secure. No one deserves to be treated like shit especially by their family. Just remember that you are a loving mom who is doing the best that she can for her daughter! I don't know if what I said helped you out at all but good luck and don't give up! You can get through this!

3. Kcaz12345

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*) i am so sorry that you are having a hard time i wish i could help you i think what you need to do is take your daughter and move into andother state i am sorry to say but you need to get away from this guy he is a bitch and i cant believe someone is that heartless and cold:***::tantrum: i feel so bad for you and idk what to say i wish i could help you tell me if there is anything i can do to help i am here to help people i like to help anything i can do in my pwer i will help you in the law i may be 13 but i am extreamely good at finding lupoles VERY VERY good(*hug*)(*hug*):icon_sad::help:

4. MommaFrog

Legally I can't move out of state, or I lose my daughter to her father....

I have one already in place and he STILL has visitation

5. dreamcatcher

Then you should definitely speak to a lawyer or someone who can give you legal advice. If you can prove that your ex is still abusive or is not doing a good job at taking care of your daughter, then you should at minimum be able to make him get supervised visits only. I knew someone who had an abusive husband and he was only allowed supervised visits with his children. This was in another state but I'm assuming it can't be all that different in Florida. I don't know your entire situation nor am I a legal expert but it if he's threatening you then something has to be done. I'm sorry I don't know much more about these dilemmas to help you out :frowning2:, but that's the best advice I can give you. It's a tough situation that nobody should have to go through but if you need to vent or would like to talk feel free to message!

6. MommaFrog

I have a great lawyer and he's doing the best we can. The trouble we are having is proving things. I went to talk to an advocate today so hopefully things will chance soon

7. Baconjunkie123

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I live in Idaho, but otherwise I would find you sorry excuse for a husband and kick his freaking ass!!!! Damn, I am NEVER moving to Florida! Okay, also, I know what it's like to be depressed and i will tell you that unless you act it will NEVER get better. I have anger mangement issues, im a lesbo, and I take things waayyy to seroiusly. Bad combo, but i think you need to stabd up to that peice of shit (pardon my french) and tell him you hate him. But if he threaten to kill you .. Uh, dont do that.

My mom yelled at me for doing anything by accident. When i forgot my phone, shed text me on my ipod sayign 'where is your damn phone' she let me read/watch whatever i wanted and dropped he fbomb on me every week (when she was in state)

I just want you to know that even though im only 13 goingg on 14 you can lean on me whenyour not stong and .... Dah dah dah.

Dont give up he fight!!!!!!!

#7 Baconjunkie123, Apr 19, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  8. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This thread is from 2011.

Thread Status: