1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd Guilt

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Zec24, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Zec24

Okay, so maybe its not too odd, but I feel guilty sometimes when I realize I like a girl who I know is straight. I'm fine when I like someone who I think is interested back, but if they are not interested I worry I'll make them feel uncomfortable.

Does anyone else ever feel this way? I find that I'll be looking at some girl I like and if she realizes I'm looking at her I'll turn away quickly and feel bad for staring. I feel like some sort of predator.

2. Steam Giant

I can totally relate, especially since I'm attracted to a couple of my straight male friends. I always worry about if I'm looking at them too much, sitting too close to them, etc., and if I do, I practically pray that it went unnoticed. I'm definitely worried about making the straight feel uncomfortable around me, which is why I try my hardest to keep to myself as much as possible.

Sorry that wasn't very helpful, heh, but you really aren't alone in this mindset ^^

3. urbansamurai

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    damnit. I hate it when that happens. I always seem to be attracted to the straight boys. :frowning2:

4. Casey17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been feeling the exact same way lately! Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

5. 24601

I feel the same way a lot of the time. Only it's not limited to people I have... physical crushes on. Any time I'm looking in someone's general direction (even not at them) and then turn and glance my way I get really nervous and self-conscious. I don't know why.

6. pirateninja

I get that sometimes. Especially seeing as she knows I had (and still do have) feelings for her. Luckily when she found out she was pretty cool with it. But I do feel guilty sometimes if I look at her during class or something.