1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just need to vent a little

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jessica816, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Jessica816

Feelin kinda frustrated tonight, nothing seems to be going right lately. I'm feeling kinda trapped right now, i guess for you to understand what I'm talking about I should give you some back story...So for the last 3 years I've been taking care of not only myself but my mom as well. I'm feeling stuck here, I want to leave but I can't because she depends on me to pay the bills and to take care of her. I feel bad because I'm starting to resent her a little because I can't live the life that I want to, I'm 22 years old and all I do is work and sleep. I feel like I'm never going to find a girlfriend because who wants all this baggage?? Idk just feeling kinda down and needed to vent a little.

2. just b urself

man,im honestl sorry but i dont think i can really give any advice to this one..im so sorry.can ur mom not get a job herself?i am here for u tho.ik that must be hard but i know a girl who pretty much went thru the same thing.it gets better love.

3. Jessica816

No she can't work, she has medical issues, which makes an even bigger ass for feeling trapped. Idk I just thought my life would've been different, but its not. My fear is dying alone cause like I said, who would want all this baggage? Idk

4. InaRut

That is a troublesome life indeed. To become the provider of the family especially in a time when there is so much opportunity for you can make it feel like there certainly is a damper on things.

I'm terribly sorry that you are starting to feel resentment to your mother. It's understandable but at the same time, take pride in yourself that you are there for someone who needs you. At times it may seem limiting in your life but I always believe above love, above friends, family is always important...not because every family is perfect...but because every family is bound by the same blood.

We are all presented obstacles in our life that take many shapes and forms. One of the glories of life is finding how to overcome these obstacles. Life is a many faceted construction and when one door closes...they always say another opens.

That being said, sometimes you do just need to take a break. And that's understandable. I'm sure you work alot for your mom...but you must be able to save at least SOME money? Although I can see yourself as a noble person, don't let yourself drown in your own responsabilities, give yourself some air some times. Even if the window might not be that large, just letting lose for half-a-day would not hurt your mom and at the same time give you some time to relax.

And don't believe for a second that there is not someone out there who would not want you because of all your baggage. It is the obstacles in life that not only define a person innerly but also outerly as well. It takes a very specific kind of person to be able to care for a family member as you do, and in all honesty, I can think of many people who would see that as a golden aspect in your personality.

A state of mind is an important thing, epsecially in times of stress, don't let your predictions of the future stop you from enjoying the pleasantries of your past.

:slight_smile: I hope that helps! I'm sure you are a great person.

5. Jessica816

Thank you so much InaRut, your words are very comforting to me. I don't want to sound like my Mom is a burden to me cause she isn't, but sometimes its just hard ya know? I love my Mom to death and I guess sometimes it doesn't show that much because, I get so tired and at times angry. I figured by time I was 22 I would be on my own like my other siblings, but I'm not and that just gets me frustrated at times...Thank you for the reply because it brought a smile to face and felt like for once someone understood my situation. I say this because my friends always tell me I just need to leave and be on my own but I just can't and they don't understand that.

6. hiddenxrainbows

I can understand your situation. My dad doesn't have any medical issues, so he can work. But he hasn't been making nearly enough money to pay for stuff. So since I came home from army training like two and a half months ago, I've been helping him pay the bills and stuff with the money that I got from the army. And while I love him and want to help, it is frustrating. Especially since I used up all my money helping him, when I need money for myself whenever I do eventually move out and get on my own and stuff. I love my dad, and I want to help him. But at the same time, it's frustrating because it feels like he's just draining me of everything, and I kinda just wanna leave and not have to deal with it anymore because it's hard. But I know I can't just abandon my dad in his time of need. Things like this definitely aren't easy.