1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surprise! Another open vent here.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by rocking23, Nov 21, 2011.

1. rocking23

I pride myself on being able to deal with situations. I like to think I've grown quite a thick skin, years of torment does that to you, weird hey.

I can deal with things when they come at me: scoff them off, because I honestly have more important things. But this week has been life throwing so many things at me. "Let's see how much it takes until he breaks."

This guy and I were doing so great. We got serious (definitely too fast, in hindsight) and it was fun. 3 weeks in something switched in him, he avoided me like there was no tomorrow. Turns out he was scared to talk, and bring up that we went too fast. I keep telling myself I can't, won't, be with someone who makes more of an effort to avoid talking than to make this work. A week later, and I can only listen to so much of Beyonce's Best Thing You Never Had. You could say I miss the idea of us, more than him. It kills me most not knowing if he feels the same. I guess we both put on our "I'm doing great" faces when we see each other.

I live in residence at my University. I live surrounded by people I clash with no matter what happens. Conspicuous tweets, coughs, laughs, words. I can take a lot of shit. But harassment is something I'll never stand for. They're now mad that I reported them. I could go into detail, outlining every ordeal. Finally had the blow up though: 12am screaming match. The entire floor gathered outside of our hallway.

The first I've never had to deal with before, it's all new to me. The latter, I've dealt with people like this before. It's a non issue.

But when both are piled on me in the same week, it's something I don't need to deal with at this time of the school year.

I could talk to someone: friends, my RA, the free counsellor. Or I could tweet about it, play music, and vent here. We'll see how things turn out.

Time for sleep. I'm going to wake up like I do every morning: staring life in its face.

Thanks for listening.

2. Chandra

It sounds like you're having a rough week. I hope things start to look up.

I don't really have much advice to give, as from your comments you seem to be someone with a good head on your shoulders, and a high level of emotional maturity. The decisions you've made regarding the guy you were dating and the people you live with both seem like the right ones to me. So I guess I just wanted to say that I think you're doing the right thing and I hope you get over this unpleasant downturn in events soon.