1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stories about Arena Club/Circus in Hollywood, CA? where to meet guys?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by dEEphouse, Nov 21, 2011.

1. dEEphouse

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey nice to meet you all, gay guy here who is looking for a long-term relationship. Basically I am looking for that one in a million guy and I want to prevent myself from being 40/50/60 without ever finding love. I am sick of the saying "love comes when you aren't looking" because I believe as a man I SHOULD be looking, a man doesn't "wait" for a guy to come to him, a girl can do that of course but I don't feel a guy should be the chase-ee, unless he wishes too.

Basically without turning this into my life story, I am in a tough situation because I don't work, I am lucky to have the most awesome parents who are letting me focus on school and will support me until I can support myself, so I am learning music production thru some online schooling, however other than that I don't really "go out" per se. I am really into organic foods and humanely raised animal products so I go to my local health food stores alot, and I'm realizing since I want my guy to be into the same food ideals as myself maybe these health food stores would be a good place to go "hunting" . .

The reason I am posting this is because there is supposedly a gay club out in Los Angeles/Hollywood (I am in the suburbs of SFV) called Arena or Circus (not sure if there is a difference or same club or what??) supposedly this is where a lot of gay latinos go, and I have come to realize as wrong as it might be to be attracted more-so to a certain race, I would certainly love to meet that one in a million latino or mexican guy who is really that best guy out there. I keep hearing differing things, 1 that clubs aren't good for long-term relationships because guys hook-up there which I am not into, or 2 the other side that some guys go here (masculine laid back guys who I am into) to find dating material . .
    Has anyone been to this club in particular and possibly give me some advice? I know the best way would be go just go and find out for myself, trying to be as least stressed as possible, however I figured I'd come on here and here if anyone has any stories about this place! Hope you all are doing great :slight_smile: Nice to meet you again :slight_smile: Have a good night :slight_smile:

2. Danny19

Heeey.. well i think its Arena Nightclub and Circus disco. i never been there but ive heard of it. Honestly i think its just a place to go hook up with other dudes. I havent heard of anyone going there to find a date.lol.. and especially if you want your guy to be eating the same food like you thats gonna be even harder to find.. lol...but if you really want to know i you should go. maybe you will get lucky and find one..

Im in Long Beach and theres quite a few gay clubs and i havent even gone to them just cuz im not into that scene. and i know that theres just gonna be guys trying to hook up. not cuz im guessing but because i have heard. lol. maybe one day ill go just for the heck of it. Hope you find what your looking for

3. dEEphouse

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hey man awesome reply. well like with any club i would guess there will always be the guys who go just to "hook up" but i have heard there are also guys as one would guess who are looking for something more.. don't you think this would be true as well? would definitely be hard to "weed out" who's looking for what but i guess i need to just go and find out for myself. what about going to clubs alone is this even safe in hollywood? my mom is like "no no no you are NEVER going to a club in los angeles there are all sorts of crazy people" ahaaha, she is just being her kind self, however she IS right i'm sure. i don't really have friends (i am fine with that) so i don't know who to go with. i am close with my cousin and when she comes out here over christmas break maybe i will see if she would want to accompany me..
    The main point as well I forgot to add was that, ignoring the guys "hooking up" supposedly this is where all the gay latino guys go who live in los angeles so i am thinking that would be a great place to meet someone since i am attracted to those types of guys :slight_smile: alright man thanks again take it easy :slight_smile:

4. insidehappy

insidehappy Guest

yes, these places are heavily latino. its latino central there. you will meet latinos but here's the point. gay clubs, straight clubs, there are all the same. people are single, people are looking for something. some people are looking to score sex same night and have no problem asking for it, some people are looking to dance and that's it, some people are looking to ONLY stand around and hang with their friends and not talk to anyone else, some poeple are looking for someone that they can date. the point is people are not walking around with a sign on their back tellign you what exactly they are looking for so you will not know unless they tell you or show you. also, clubs are loud, they have music, strobe lights, tons of people. so having a meaningful conversation with someone is a bit hard but not impossible. should you go alone....if you are a social person, yes, you can. because you will be the person "on the hunt" actively going up to people to have conversation or dance. if you are a wall flower that is quiet and shy, but dont expect someone to come and talk to you. they may if they are attracted to you, but dont expect it. is it safe to go online....yea just dont leave witih anyone or walk out with strangers. if someone asks you who you are with, just say you are meeting one of your homeboys up there. if they see you later and you're still by yoruself and they say, "i thought you were meeting someone here" you can just say hte person is still on their way. if someone says, "where are you parked, let's walk to your car..." just say, "i'm good, and then you can ask for their number" or you can tell them that you're friend is picking you u.

there are all type of latino types that go there so you can find someone but AGAIN, you are not going to know what you are going to get. keep in mind that if someone is approaching you and seems cool, that can also mean he is trying to have sex with you or it could mean he is just being cool. you never know.

my advice is to go not looking for anything and only go to explore and have fun. i suggest bringing a lady friend with you to keep you company (if she knwos u are gay). if you see something you like, go for it but just know that although you may have honorable intentions the other person may just want to screw, so dont be suprised if sexualized questions and conversations spring up shortly after meeting them or after a few days. but again, it can happen.

as far as food: you seem like a healthy food work out type. i would suggest going to places like whole foods or join some health nut group to find like minded people.

---------- Post added 22nd Nov 2011 at 04:00 PM ----------

oh, you like latino guys, so maybe you can see if there is a latino gay network in la. somewhere where you can meet other latino guys. unfortunately i do not think the lgbt la group has a lot of latino guys attend their evnets. its mostly white. so if you want to go where latioino gay dudes go, you are going to have to go to gay clubs to start (circus and arena) and maybe you can meet a friend that can invite you to other non-clubby latino gay dudes. dont go to any club thinking you will meet someone that is awesome date material becaue you will be disappionted. it may happen and it's definitely possible. i have meet several great people at clubs. just do not put your expectations there.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC!

Nothing wrong with checking out the clubs to see if you can have a good time and possibly meet somebody. But as you say, clubs tend to lead more to "let's have fun tonight" than "let's see if something develops". You might try doing a search for gay social clubs in your area. I know there are tons of them in the LA area - gay motorcycle clubs, biking clubs, hiking clubs, volleyball clubs, volunteer groups, you name it. You might think of some things you're interested in, then doing an online search for clubs in that area.

Lex

6. Danny19

Well yea you can definitely go check it out. And thats good so you can see what its all about. There can be a few that are there to find a date not just sex. but you gotta look around because people dont wear signs that say so. i wish they would though lol.. Oh and going alone. yea i wouldnt suggest it. There are parts where it can get pretty crazy and going alone wouldnt be the best choice. haha.. going with your cousin would be better than going alone. I believe a while back i passed through Arena and it doesnt look like it would be safe at night.lol. Shit im mexican and i dont go to those clubs. haha.