1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going to the club with my ex boyfriend?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AS1989, Nov 22, 2011.

1. AS1989

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    this Wednesday night, I was put on a guest list for a gay club. I mentioned it while speaking to my ex-boyfriend (its been about a week and a half since the breakup), I told him that I don't think I'm gonna go because I have no one to go with.

He told me that he wants to go with me. I really want him to come, but I'm afraid that my feelings might overwhelm me.

I still love him a lot. Its been a week and a half and I still cry about it. I miss our times together. I have a huge empty feeling inside.

I'm so torn. He said he still has feelings for me, but he feels its best for him to be single right now.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd just tell him that. "I think I'm still not over the whole break-up, so I don't think going out to a club with you is a good idea." Then either go stag, or find another friend to go with, or give your tickets to him to go enjoy.

Lex

3. AS1989

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks Lex...think I'll do just that. And end up not going

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Then so be it. Find something else fun to do that night - with somebody else, or alone. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. insidehappy

insidehappy Guest

ok this is an easy one. tell him that you thought about it and you think its best that you guys dont go to the gay club together and that you found some other freinds to go with or you're going to go solo. tell him that the breakup is really still too fresh and although you accepted you guys are not going to be togehter, hanging out right now isn't a great idea since you're getting over it.

do not go with him. some dude is going to try and hit on him and you're going to feel jealous or you may see him flirting with some dudes and you're going to feel jealous. or you're goign to try and hit on some dude to make him jealous. long story short. only go to gay clubs with people you are not phsyically interested in and that are just friends.