1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How am I supposed to find a boyfriend?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mister E, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Mister E

Well, here I am. I realized I'm gay. Now what? There isn't any kind of LGBT group at our school to go to I miss having that special person. :/ The only gay guy I know isn't interested, so I'm kinda lost... :help:

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Now you do whatever you want! :slight_smile:

Getting a boyfriend can be very tricky specially when you are in middle school or even high school. Most people your age haven't come out and most people will figure everything down by their junior or senior year.

So, what do you do until then? Make the waiting worth it! Enjoy every other aspect of your life. Start discovering what your interests are, what your hobbies are and then go ahead and invest your time doing that. Volunteer, meet other people and just enjoy being you.

I know it can be extremely hard when you have friends and other people finding boyfriends or girlfriends, but your time will come! Make sure you are ready when it happens :slight_smile:

3. Ianthe

Sometimes, there are local queer youth groups that are not affiliated with a school. Have you looked for anything like that in your area?

4. Mister E

I have no idea where to look for one. Would I just Google it or something?

If I did find one, what then? I'm pretty shy and can't just walk in to a bunch of people I don't know. :S

5. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This post is so awesome, it pretty much applies to me too. Even more in a country like mines, in Brazil people value "masculinity" a lot, and stereotype gays a lot. If you act Straight you -CAN'T- like guys because you don't dress gay lol, specially in middle/high school, so finding anyone that is out is very hard. This means finding anyone interested in you or that might interest you, at my age, is very hard. Thank you for your post, this is more or less what i've been doing and you just re-assured me.