1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stuck in the past

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by tylerzane69, Nov 22, 2011.

1. tylerzane69

I finally find a guy who is seriously interested in me.... but he has the same name as my ex who I still live and their birthdays are very close together... six days apart actually.... the guy is sweet and caring and fun but I can't help but think im trying to replace my ex with the closest replica.... help!

2. Sunandmoon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    One thing you need to do is get over your ex ASAP. If getting back together with your ex isn't an option, you need to take the time to heal and move on before going into another relationship. Of course, this is so much easier said than done, but take it one day at a time and wait until your feelings for him subside. Getting into a relationship while you have these feelings is really going to complicate things. You'll start to notice that some of the things your current boyfriend does or says will remind you of your ex, and this will just make both of you unhappy in the end. If your new boyfriend finds out you still have feelings for your ex, he's going to think you're comparing him against your ex in every way, which will put a lot of pressure on him and might turn him away from you. This might not be something you want to hear, but I'm not sure of your situation (like how long ago you and your ex broke up, if it was a bad and messy breakup, etc). Overall, if your ex is long gone, it might be helpful to realize that there were obvious issues within the relationship if you two are no longer together. Just try to think about those issues and the things about your ex which really aren't good for you. Hope that helps a little

3. Aeon Magus

Hello, Tylerzane.

[​IMG]

Calling both "Apple", does not make them both "Apple".

As Sunandmoon said, if you don't intend on getting back with your ex, then you should leave him in your past and move on. It's not fair to your new interest to compare him with your ex.

4. tylerzane69

The last time my ex and I were together was in April... It was a messy break up...