1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taking a chance!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jessica816, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Jessica816

Sooooo I've had this crush on my nail lady for months now, yet I've been scared to death to ask her out...Tomorrow I go get my nails done, well today anyways and I'm going to try and ask her out.I'm scared to death what her response is going to be, yet I'm sick of just wondering. So I'm going to ask her out for maybe a casual drink or lunch and see what happens...Wish me luck cause I'm so going to need it! Haha

2. Katelynn

Well good luck! (*hug*) Based on what you've said in a previous thread about your nail lady, I hope everything goes well. It sounds like she sort of flirts with you to begin with. It takes a lot of courage to ask someone out, so just remember that you are a brave person! (*hug*)

3. Jessica816

Thank you kiersten, I worked up the nerve to finally ask her out, but she wasn't there today. Kinda feel a little let down by it. Idk maybe its a sign, maybe I'm just over thinking it.

4. Vesper

I agree with Kiersten: you are a pretty brave person. Hope everything works out for the best!

5. Jessica816

Thanks Chouchou, I'm tryin. I to force myself to do things I figure its better to know then to wonder forever. Hopefully when I go in next time she will be there

6. Katelynn

I know what that let-down feeling is like Jess. When I went to my first PFLAG meeting, it had been unexpectedly cancelled, but there hadnt been enough time to post anything about it, so I went all the way across town to find a dark meeting hall. It took me a lot of time to work up to going & then a big feeling of disappointment. But at the same time, I felt a bit stronger for having gone anyway, because I proved to myself that my resolve about coming out & having support was serious enough to me not to hide or run from how I felt or how nervous or scared I was. I think, but I obviously cant say for sure, that you may feel the same way. You took that next step! Congrats! (*hug*) You should be proud of what you did accomplish in going with a firm resolve to ask her out! Hopefully this little victory will make it a bit easier for you to go in another day & ask her out for a drink or something! I'm proud of you! Just remember, everyone here will be with you in spirit always! I hope it works out awesome for you when you do ask her! (*hug*)

7. Jessica816

I felt let down but like you said also a little bit better, because I was finally going to speak up. Hopefully next time it will work out better in my favor. Either way I just have to know one way or another...Thank you very much for the support kiersten, it means more to me then you could ever know! :wink: