1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sick and lonely

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gravity, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As the title says - holed up at home by myself, resting all I can but not really sleeping and feeling lonely. Any ideas?

2. hiddenxrainbows

I know how you feel. The past two and a half months, I've been held up in my house, trying to get a job but not having any success. And my boyfriend isn't around at the moment. (Haven't seen him in a few months since he's still in training.) So sometimes lately, I do feel lonely. And the holidays coming up don't help, either.

I'm not sure exactly what to tell you to stop the loneliness and all, but I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone! ^_^
    Though when I find myself lonely, I usually try to do a couple things. Either try finding a friend to text or something, reading a book, watching some tv, playing a video game, or just trying to go to sleep. And if I'm having problems sleeping, I usually just take a sleeping pill. And then, I'm out for a while, which means I'm not lonely. Even if it's just a temporary solution, it helps a little bit.

And so does talking. So if you ever feel the need to talk to someone, about anything at all, you can come to me if you want! ^_^

3. kellymporta

When I'm very sick, I like to listen to classical music because it keeps my mind away from the pain. However, if its not too serious I usually watch a lot of youtube videos.

4. Vesper

I know that feeling. I've been looking for a job and cramming for exams for several months now, and went through a brief period of being under the weather.

All I wanted to say, hiddenxrainbows has already said, so just know that you're clearly not alone.

#4 Vesper, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  5. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, this is exactly my situation!

Thanks all, I've been doing some of this (classical music was a stroke of genius, kellymporta). Let me know if anyone thinks of something else though.

6. insidehappy

insidehappy Guest

classical music is nice but not sure how that is going to help you not feel lonely. i may help you go to bed. why are you lonely?

7. Doctor Faustus

Do something funny. Watch something funny. Like:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4nt4U7YGaI[/YOUTUBE]

Listen to your favourite band. Write a poem.

Take a walk. Even ten or fifteen minutes is better than nothing. It'll help clear your mind.

Also: TALK TO PEOPLE! Such as me :wink:

Hope this helps.

Dr. Faustus.

8. wellhidden

wellhidden Guest

Im into more contemporary orchestra or even piano solos. But yea back to the point your not alone, you have everyone in the world holding you and if i may quote John Donne "No man is an island" we are all "involved in mankind". So head up high and love yourself first before loving another person.
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alUZb6Bu2Uo&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

#8 wellhidden, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2011
  9. Doctor Faustus

More videos!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZd_OxdgmOg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXS97dbG9L4[/YOUTUBE]

Childhood memories! :grin:

10. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Yep, classical music can be great! Maybe try listening to some up-beat/soft music as well, or watch some comedy to get your mind concentrating on something else. You could also try calling a friend and chat for a while over the phone.