1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sick of being a lesbian

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Lydia84, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Lydia84

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've been out of the closet for about 13 years and came out to myself and my family when I was 14 years old. I still have problems with my sexuality when everyone else, who knows, seems fine with it. I don't think there is anything wrong with being gay. I just don't want to be gay myself because I firmly believe I'll die alone. I did try dating a guy before but it didn't work out and realized I indeed am a lesbian but it's frustrating because there seems to be plenty of straight decent guys willing to date me and no lesbians willing to date me. There just doesn't seem to be enough lesbians to go around. I'm just frustrated. Anyone else dealing with something similar?:bang:

2. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you heard Ingrid Michaelson's, "Die Alone"? Very cool song.

Why do you believe so firmly that you'll die alone? I never had a date of any kind before I was 17...I felt unloveable. I used to listen to Phil Collins sing "You Can't Hurry Love" (yes, I know his is not the original), and I used to feel a mixture of anger...and relief. He's right, dammit. Of course there's someone for you...you just need to find her.

I've said it in other threads: we create our reality. If you firmly believe something, you can make it true. So if you're going to firmly believe something, firmly believe you'll find the right person, *just* when it felt like all hope was lost.

3. Jessica816

I've been feeling like this lately, that ill never find anyone and ill die alone. It's such a horrible feeling, to feel like your always going to be alone. I attract men all the time yet I can never find another lesbian who wants to date me. I'm trying real hard to not get down and trying to stay positive about the situation at hand. So I sorta understand what your going thru, sorry I don't have any advice other then the generic, don't give up hope there is someone out there for everyone..

4. Vesper

I'm another person who can't really give advice because I'm going through the same predicament. It can be really frustrating at times, but the answer is not to hate being a lesbian.

5. Blkrsn

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know exactly how you feel... I am so lonely right now, and yet because of my um...figure, there are lots of guys coming onto me, but no women. I don't even know any lesbians!

I've gotten to the point where I want to move and try my luck somewhere else, since I'm kind of sick of being lonely as well.

But you shouldn't hate who you are. Being a lesbian is who you are, and you should embrace it! Trust me, that perfect someone is out there somewhere.

---------- Post added 24th Nov 2011 at 03:23 AM ----------

I know exactly how you feel... I am so lonely right now, and yet because of my um...figure, there are lots of guys coming onto me, but no women. I don't even know any lesbians!

I've gotten to the point where I want to move and try my luck somewhere else, since I'm kind of sick of being lonely as well.

But you shouldn't hate who you are. Being a lesbian is who you are, and you should embrace it! Trust me, that perfect someone is out there somewhere.