1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a short break....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 11 11 11, Nov 24, 2011.

1. 11 11 11

Hullo there,

I'm sure you guys must be sick of hearing from me by now. :icon_wink I'm quickly becoming one of those people with multiple threads across the forums. But never mind. It's helping.

Tonight I just thought I'd tell you what's happening over the next few days, and give another status update.

I'll be going up to the farm with my Dad for 4 days to fix some fences. No internet or electricity. Some people have already suggested this might be the ideal break to get out of my depression - or discover myself - and I intend to use it as such if I can.

The other thing is today was a horrific and wonderful day.

I won't bore you with a massive description, but it started off pretty ordainary and quickly became almost-mind numbingly painful. At several stages throughtout the day I just cried because I couldn't cope with the 'white-noise' of all the feelings that were blasting around my mind. My day sounded something like this: [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9AfunLQfAc[/YOUTUBE]

First I'd like to thank some wonderful people, you mght know some of them, if so give them a thumbs up and a cuddle from me:

- Fugs
    - Jon Snow
    - Veronica
    - Pheonix42
    - TanzNuketerror
    - Ianthe
    - Gravity
    - Lexington
    - Faytol
    - Insanityhasasoul
    - XllWolfheartllX
    - Endorell Taelos
    - Frogswin
    - Gah-Kai
    - Throw
    - Stmemmerson
    - Tasiya
    - Hotpink
    - Keirsten
    - Justbyourself
    - ConcreteBuilding

Now, just a brief explanation of today:

Basically today started with a regular, mildly sad opening. My dad sat down with me before he went to work and made it clear that he thought part of the problem for my 'depression' was that I didn't have a good sense of self-worth, because I wasn't finding ways of spending my time that made me get a sense of acomplishment. He spent about an hour badgering on about this. I admit he seemed to have a point. But it just wasn't where I was. I had my head stuck in gender issues.

The morning passed quickly - I mostly just sat at my computer and spoke to people about my problems - sadly the only thing I seem to enjoy right now. Things started to really decline the closer it got to midday - people logged off, including my friend from the UK, after revealing she had some problems of her own to deal with.

The fact that I couldn't figure out who I am on the inside - what gender I am, was the worst thing about today. I cried a couple of times....felt worthless. I felt dead and empty inside. I hadn't been in girl-mode for 3 days, and it made me feel horrible. I had really enjoyed feeling that way.....but now I felt like a massive confusion of different feelings. It gnawed at the pit of my stomach and at several stages I felt physically sick. Although I seemed to want to be a girl - I really was more concerned at just establishing who I was on the inside. Boy or girl - I simply didn't have a clue. All my life I've been able to rely on who I am inside - to allow me to stand up to pressures in life, and now suddenly I couldn't tell who I was anymore and it terrified me and made me feel utterly worthless. It got to the point once again where I was ignoring my parents and steeling myself to cut my skin.....but thankfully someone helped me while hurting me.

I won't go into specifics, but she basically made me incredibly jealous and envious of her as a natural-born girl, so much so that I just wanted to end my life right then, at the prospect of being stuck as a guy my whole life. And though I hated myself right then - in a few seconds I realised she'd given me the best gift, she'd made it clear to me at that moment that I was a girl of some-sort in a guys body - and I was prepared to die rather than endure it.

I still don't know if I'm a girl inside. I'm still really confused - but I do know I'm capable of being a girl - even if only for a moment. And that gives me hope. I'm still not sure who I am inside, or what I should do now to become aware of who I am. But i have hope that I will find myself someday, and I will be either male, female or a mixture of both most of the time - which is way better than the horrible confused mash I was feeling today.

This isn't goodbye. (a friend has told me I should stop using EC, but I just can't right now). This isn't goodbye - it's just a short break - hopefully a break that will make a difference, but even if it doesn't you can still expect me to be on EC at odd hours of the morning :3

In a way I'm thankful for these horrible days. The pain I experience now will make the pleasure I get later, worth something.

_

#1 11 11 11, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there! Just a quick response before you take off on your break:

Here's hoping it works out for you! Internet or not, I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

Unfortunate that it came about in such a context, but I'm really glad to hear that you felt this kind of hope. And if the idea of being "some sort" of girl is what made you feel it - well, I guess that tells you something!

Stay strong - doubtless more confusion and emotional roller coasters are on their way, but I think this counts as some type of a breakthrough.

3. Veronica

Hey there 1one11!1, you can rant and vent as much as you like, I'll read it and reply if I'm here :slight_smile:

I don't know you well enough to say if this trip is what you need. I know for myself that just being out in the nature makes me forget all the crap that society throws at you; because out there none of that matters. Back home I had my own little private mountaintop I could go to whenever I needed that break as a kid and teenager. It's not like I expected a spiritual awakening from it or anything, just some peace and distance. Enjoying the view, the birds, the squirrels in the trees and the occasional wild deer to really throw you into awe of the beauty of nature where living beings just are who they are.

4. 11 11 11

Thanks guys - Gravity - Veronica.

The trip is currently postponed until tomorrow :<

But In other news one of the psychologists I contacted, got back to me today. She seems alright. But I'll be checking out the others on the list before I make decision.

Gravity:

It's still a little earlier to say for certain if yesterday was a breakthrough - but I made an effort this morning - took a 2 hour shower - and cleaned myself up. Make of that what you will :3

5. Doctor Faustus

Take care for now. Thanks for the special mention: it means a lot.

All the best.

Keep in touch,

Gah-Kai.