1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird dream.... What does it mean!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ty, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

Before i begin, i think this may be quite long, so leave if you don't care.

Well let me give you background information about a few people before i start throwing their names around.

Anna - Good friend, always involved in other peoples relationships but she hasn't had a boyfriend in awhile. Tomboy, people used to say mean things like she was a lesbian but i got them to stop. Shes very nice.

Alex - When i came out to this girl she showed me a picture of some Bi guy called alex she knows and hangs around alot. She told me lots about him but ive never actually seen him, quite cute.

Those are the only two i can remember from my dream..

Well here it goes. From what i remember, anna came round my house and she comes in and i say "hello" she says "hey" but then says she has to go get some revision guides. She then disappears and im wondering if shes abandoned me so i go upstairs to look for her and see my xbox 360 and a wireless headset for it. I try to put the headset on but it won't fit onto my ear. I keep trying to put it on.
    Next thing i see im in my town with groups of random friends and my friend elise goes "are you gay ty?" I just feel embarrassed and then she runs off and talks to alex saying stuff like i like him. I run home. I then hear the door knock and alex is at the door. He said he likes me and i think we go out now. But then he disappears and im left wondering where he is. I then wake up and *real life now* Im feeling really happy, proberly still half asleep but i was so so so so happy i can't describe it, i don't know why but i felt great, like it was the best dream ever. But then i realize it wasn't real so i was quite disappointed...

It must mean something =/ it was too vivid and i NEVER have dreams like this.... Anyone care to analyze?

Lots of xxxx for anyone who could be bothered to read it! x

2. Urman

Urman Guest

maybe you have a chance with alex

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I'd ask Anna to introduce you to Alex.....could be a sign.

4. InaRut

Hmm alright...so it seems like the whole dealie with the xbox could mean your body knows your using things like the xbox to push yourself away from comming out to more people. You want to play xbox to get your mind away from reality, but you just can't. So in your dream you try to hide yourself in the crowd...but your ATTACKED (lol being dramatic) by your friend Elise...and she pushes you out of the closet. However what turns out to be a bad thing, ends up to be a good thing as your dream guy now has YOU as a target.

Meaning of the dream: FUCKING COME OUT ALREADY.
    Wow...your subconcious has a dirty mouth.

5. Ty

Ty Guest

I enjoyed reading that alot =p I love seeing interpretations

More please!!!

6. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it simply means you like that alex guy a lot and want to meet him or somebody like him but don't have the courage or the chance to do so

that's my rather dry interpretation :lol:

7. Tom

Tom Guest

ok cant remember much about analysin dream from when i helped my friend do her psychology revision but what i got from it is:

ud love to be out and to be able to have a chance with a guy, such as Alex, and as inarut said the xbox could be your minds way of sayin tht u prefer to be killin things than actually with friends as you dont have 2 worry about how u act and so the xbox headset doesnt fit so u cant do tht. u then end up in the town and then ur outed by a friend and the guy tht ud like to date or w/e finds out that u do like him and then you and him get to know eachother which is something that if it happened irl then u would be happier than ever and as dreams can seem so real, esp one as vivid as this, you woke up feelin amazinly happy and tht feeling is what ull get if tht happened.

the whole revision guide thing could be your mind saying tht you think tht there could be somet wrong at school, but uve already said tht ur changing friends and groups which could be what it is. or it could just be you wporrying about tests and thinking you need to do more revision, there was somet i rememebr tht was associated with revision and books when u dream about them but i cnt rememeber what it is, ill ask my friend as she will know =]

well thts my take on it, i could get a friend to analyze the dream for you as she wants to major in ananlysing dreams and is quite amazing at it.

8. xxAngelOnFirexx

I'M not professional but i know a load about dreams and i'm awesome at analyzing them so listen up!
    ok never take dreams in they're literal meaning. dreams are the brains way of analyzing thoughts. its all symbolism even if it is something you'd love to happen.
    okay the headset not fitting means you can't understand something thats going on. you keep trying to but you can't. (like coming out to people?)
    i'm not sure what a revision guide is but that sounds like you think your friend is trying to help you with your life but she seems to drop out on you sometimes and you wonder why. (just a guess not knowing what the guide thingy is)
    the group of friends part shows that you feel you are being forced to come out and aren't comfortable with it yet.
    the whole alex 'thing' represents guys in general. like gay guys. it shows that you know deep inside you like guys and you feel that a relationship might just pop up but then when he disappears and you look its that you realize you can't keep sitting around and waiting and that you are ready to go out and find one yourself! independence. and it might just mean that in general your sick of being in the closet even if its staying in your comfort zone. you feel the will to finally break the barrier
    the reason you were happy is because in your head you realize that you have the will to go and get a relationship and you are ready. you want one. even though you feel a little embarresed to be out to people you can take it.
    so this is all in your subconsious. it might not register you normal thoughts but deep down its what your emotions feel
    so when people suggested about that you like alex: thats not what the dream was saying at all even if you like him. and that girl and those people aren't representing them they represent the emotions that you feel towards them. like alex being gay guys and gay guys equaling love. i think that shoudl help you from there. and yeah i've done a lot of reading up on dream analisis so i'm not some amatuer 'guesser' sort ^.

#8 xxAngelOnFirexx, Dec 13, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2007
  9. Urman

Urman Guest

Well said

10. Ty

Ty Guest

Wow those analysis's were great! Tom i'd like to see what your friend makes of my dream. And also, Anna (the girl who came to my house and then went to get revision books) is like one of the smartest in my class and shes really nice, i'd like to be as good as her. If that helps any.

Keep 'em coming please =]

11. Louise

I'll give it my two penneth worth although I think it has already all been said.

The xbox thing is your way of escaping reality and not being ready to come out yet, the fact that you couldn't put in the ear piece meant you couldn't play so you had to go and meet your friends.

One of your friends outing you is maybe one of your secret fears, that they know without you telling them and one of them will out you before you are ready.

The Alex thing; I don't think it is so much about the boy I think it is more about wanting a boyfriend, feeling loved, feeling special and accepted for who you are and not having to hide the truth from everyone all the time.

You felt so good when you woke up because having a boyfriend is your secret dream come true but you know also that to have a boyfriend you have to come out and so the vicious circle continues. I can clearly imagine the relief of not having to hide your sexuality and finally feeling loved. You must have been crushed when reality hit home :icon_sad:

Well that's my take on it anyway.

:kiss:

12. Ty

Ty Guest

After i finally properly woke up (im terrible in the morning) I did feel quite a bit disappointed...

13. Ty

Ty Guest

Had the same dream again last night with the same effects >.< How weird.

14. Ty

Ty Guest

Just remembered another dream!

Me and anna are boarding a plane in south africa and were coming back to england, 5 minuites after the planes accending, the engines shut off, im really worried and im positive that it'll turn back on but it doesnt. The plane then goes on its back and crashes. But the planes fine when its on the ground. Me and Anna climb out of the plane and start walking back to cape town (or what seems like a massive city of lights from my point of view, assuming it is cape town) it was nighttime

Okay analyze that! Anna seems to be quite popular in my dreams recently =s

15. xxAngelOnFirexx

since anna is quite popular lately she represents a certain emotiom or thought. what she represents is how you feel about her. like it could be friendship, or caring or whatever you see her as. the plane crashing would represent some thing bad happening but since you landed okay that would mean that you feel that you escaped safely from a bad situation or that things didn't turn out as bad as expected. when you started to go back it was like starting over (if cape town was where you were when you took off). it being nighttime i assume that could mean that you see going back as backtracking to go back to what was before. seeing the night lights in the city could symbolize like hope. hope that going back isn't as bad. i assume that these could be all relavent to coming out of the closet. but they could also symbolize to anything else that is happening. just sort of try to peice it together to events in your life. whatever sort of fits best is what it was talking about.

16. Ty

Ty Guest

Wow, Morgan, how did you become so learned in dreams? Thats awesome ^_^

17. xxAngelOnFirexx

lol just reading stuff when i see it. i watched this program on TV that tells you have to control your dreams. i already can do it when i want to. its just realizing that your dreaming and then if you want stuff to happen it will. only when i realize it though. once i dreamed i was at school. mentally i knew it was the summer so i couldn't have been real. but i couldn't wake up so i bascially started talking to people complaing that i was stuck in dreak. it was weird and cool. i also have this huge thick book of dream translations. after reading it a little bit i kinda got the jist of how the whole thing works.

18. Ty

Ty Guest

Airplane Crash
    To dream that a plane crashes, suggests that you have set overly high and unrealistic goals for yourself. Your goals may be too high and are impossible to realize. You are in danger of having it come crashing down. Alternatively, your lack of confidence, self-defeating attitude and self-doubt toward the goals you have set for yourself is represented by the crashing airplane; you do not believe in your ability to attain those goals. Loss of power and uncertainty in achieving your goals are also signified.

Omg ~ Ive just taken up piano, Japanese and Latin as extra GCSE's so i do 13 instead of the normal 11. Thats so true!

19. boy0boy

Well AngelOnFire has done excellent, as well as others but one important thing I remember from analyzing dreams is this: people in your dreams are representations of yourself not that person. For instance in the first dream Alex represents something that he has, that you have, but he is expressing it as you would like to. I'm guessing it's the obvious of him being bi.... probably since you want to come out, and just heard of him being bi.

But I think you already kinda knew that or got that much, just wanted to point out that whole little rule of thumb: the people in your dreams are representations of some part of you whether good or bad.

It's always something you admire/aspire or want to deny/disagree with about the person in your dream -about yourself.