1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Cry For Help? Maybe?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LegitRomance, Nov 24, 2011.

1. LegitRomance

If you read my other recent post this kinda goes along with it, so if you didn't read it...you may have to read it to fully understand it. I would re-type the whole thing, but I found out I'm stuck going Black Friday shopping.

So enough of my chit chat - this is actually pretty serious.

About 40 minutes ago, I sent a friend of mine an email saying:
    "If anything happens...
    This explains everything:" (I gave him the link to my Tumblr)

I just realized, that it's basically my suicide note. A bunch of pictures and quotes. What's worse is it's becoming a serious thought in my mind, I've been thinking about it for weeks. I talked to my therapist, she's not helping. I talked to my guardian, he's not helping. I feel like nothing's going to stop me.

And that scares me.

(Yes, I've called every suicide hotline I could find)

2. 11 11 11

I'm here. If you still need to talk - post a reply.

3. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*)

I want you to know that everything will be okay. I know what it's like to want to end it, and I know how hopeless it can feel. You can fight through this, what you need to do is set goals for yourself. Not big goals, just little ones. Tell yourself that you'll postpone it for a week, then another week, and then a month.

Tell your therapist exactly why you want to end it, and about the note. Tell them everything. You need to really open up to them for them to be able to help. Tell her about your cutting too.

I won't lie, I have my share of scars. They cross the length of both of my arms. Many many scars, words and shapes. If my parents hadn't of taken them away I'd still be adding to the total today. The fact that I haven't found anything else to use lately is a miracle in itself. I should be dead, but I'm here today talking to you. So please hold on, because I don't want to lose you. I don't want you to fall off the same cliff I did.

Remember that there are so many people that want to see you tomorrow, and every day after that. Myself included, so keep holding on and remember that we will always be here to catch you if you fall.

(*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)

#3 Fugs, Nov 25, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  4. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Please don't kill yourself.

5. Hidinginalabama

I know it would be really easy of me to just say things get better and they do but I know right now it doesnt feel like that at all. I was in your shoes just weeks ago. I was looking at my gun and thinking how easy it would be but I'm so glad I didnt. There will still be days were you still feel bad but just go a day at a time. If you just think of what you want and make little gaols to make it happen things will work out for you. So many people here have been right where you are at and we have made it past that point. All I can say from here is its up to you how you want to go from here. Keep letting us know whats going on and anyway we can help. We are here for you.:icon_bigg

6. Daisy1

LegitRomance- please PM me or anyone else in EC to chat. We'll get you through this.

7. Aielar

Yep, just like previous posters, I don't think killing yourself is the way to go. We are here for you, we've experienced what you're going through in various degrees, and we are a good support system, as I'm sure you know. Please don't kill yourself, the world needs your light in it too <3 I'll keep you in my thoughts, and hope it gets better for you, even though there isn't an easy solution.

8. kellymporta

(*hug*)

Please don't do anything that may harm you. You are still young, and there are so many beautiful things in life that make it worth living.

Remember that you can count on everyone here to help you, and believe me because EC have helped me so much in such a little time. We can help you.(&&&)

9. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Killing yourself is not the answer. You still have plenty of life left, and things change. We are all here for you if you need to talk.

10. LegitRomance

I don't really agree with the whole "Killing yourself is not the answer" shit considering no one of you know a thing about me.
    But - my guardian apparently like to stalk me on here and he's forcing me into more therapy for depression and then gender therapy (or something to the effect), that's starting next week.
    FML.

11. ICTOAUN

True, we don't know you. But we still care about you. And we don't think that killing yourself is the answer regardless if we know u well or not. Killing yourself is never 'the answer'. Life can definately suck sometimes. I've been through a lot of shit too. I've put a gun up to my head. I've wanted to jump in front of trains. I know how it feels to just want to end the pain. But im here to tell you that life does go on. And believe it or not. Its actually kind of beautiful. You will get past this. I believe you can. Just hold on. Things can get better for you

12. NeecoVirus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi, you said you don't believe in "killing yourself is not the answer" considering that people don't even know you.

That is very true. However, take advice from someone who has committed suicide, but failed. I was in the hospital for a week. Please trust me when I say this, suicide is not worth it. You make everyone around you feel guilty that they could not stop you. Furthermore, you miss out on greater things in life. You are only 14. There is soooo much ahead of you to live for.

A year ago: I was close to dropping out of school, I was depressed (like you), went and saw a psychiatrist once, parents were in constant warfare and fighting with me, I ran away from home, no one knew I was gay and it was hard. I was so miserable, I tried to take my own life (I'm not comfortable going into details sorry).

Present: I have an almost boyfriend, grades going back up (staying in University), no more depression, repairing relationship with parents (or what is left to repair), back at home, my siblings love me, my friends love me. I am the happiest I have ever been.

Point to this is, life bounces up and down in strange ways! You may feel sad now, but things are bound to look better. Please trust me, as someone who has tried committing suicide. I live with some consequences of my actions now... I hope you don't even try to go down that route (suicide). It is not worth it.

13. kellymporta

First, I recommend the thread titled: Don't Give UP! There's Hope! PLEASE READ!! in the coming out section of EC. I think it could really help you.

Regarding your post, it's true. We really don't know you, but we DO care about you. We want to hear about you, get to know you, and help you in anyway possible.(&&&)

14. Doctor Faustus

We all are here for you and like kelly said, we ALL care about you even if we don't personally know you. We are all in this together. (&&&)

Your life was a gift given to you by your parents. It is precious. You won't have another one again: you don't get nine lives. No one exactly like you came before you and no one else exactly like you will come after you. You are unique, special and beautiful.

So please don't waste your one chance at living the life you deserve on something as senseless as suicide.

Please talk to someone if you keep having these thoughts. It doesn't have to be me (although I will gladly offer my hand of support). Just talk to someone. Please.

(*hug*)

15. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well surprisingly enough most people go through the same feelings as everyone else in terms of severe depression. So some of us know things about you that you don't even know about yourself.

My reason for suicide was that I hate my body, I hate how it looks, how it smells, what it sounds like. I hate how people look at it and how everybody sees it instead of me. At first it was compulsive eating, then it was no eating at all until I had lost enough weight to make me feel "better". Next it was violence, just towards objects I couldn't hurt anyone else, afterwards I started to act out for years slowly losing all of my friends, then there was this period of *calm* where I just tried to make friends again. After that I started cutting, they got worse and worse and deeper and more numerous as the weeks went on. Then I just wanted to die, I didn't cut for a release anymore, it was a punishment. Then I was put into the hospital, twice, for suicide until I finally had to accept that I am a girl.

I won't say the urges are gone, I won't say I'm better than I was. I just found that small shred of hope that I didn't have for so long, and you need to find some hope of your own.

I wonder how different from mine your experience really is.

16. Aielar

You're right, I don't know anything about you other than what you've posted in this thread, but that doesn't stop me from caring about you. A family member of mine went through a period of trying to commit suicide, and because of that experience, I cannot help but reach out to people who are contemplating suicide: doesn't matter if I know them or not.

There will never be another you, and there will be people who will miss and remember you if you do go through with it. Just please...talk to someone, okay.