1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Worst Thing Is Realizing I've Been Lying.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SamanthaSmiles, Nov 25, 2011.

1. SamanthaSmiles

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since I was eleven, I've known I was bisexual. And I was always okay with it. Now though, I'm falling for a straight girl. This has happened before, but it's never hit me like this. For the first time ever, I feel like there's something wrong with me for being bisexual. Anyone been here before?

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nothing wrong with you at all - I think most of us have been there some time or other.

This is why I do my best not to develop crushes on straight people though...it always lead to me feeling "different" all over again.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nothing unusual about it. Straight girls fall for gay guys, straight men for lesbians, etc etc. It's just "love hurts when only one's in love". It isn't wrong - just annoying as all hell. :slight_smile:

Lex

4. Katelynn

I know how that feels so much. Right now I have a bit of a crush on a girl I go to college with. I see here everyday, we sit together in every class & in the cafeteria, Im completely out to her, so she knows that Im a lesbian, but she's totally straight...and has a bf that I just met for the first time yesterday. It's been hard being around her for the last month, having to force myself to smile around her & pretend everything's normal between us, when all I want is for her to just kiss me, but I do my best to just act like we're just friends. She knows I like women, but she doesnt know I like her more than a friend, so sometimes it's been a daily effort just to get thru my day. Ive just been throwing myself into my coursework & trying to pretend to myself that I dont notice how she walks, the way she flips her hair or how gorgeous she looks everyday... It's a hard thing to live with, but just hang in there & take one day at a time. And who knows? Maybe she might not be as straight as everyone things she is? I know there have been a couple times Ive been surprised when a couple of my friends have come out as gay or bisexual, so it can sometimes be hard to get a read on some people...

5. SamanthaSmiles

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's just hard seeing her, the way she walks down the hallway, the way she moves and how she ask me to rub her back in English. I just want to put my hand on the back of her neck and pull her in for a tender kiss. But, obviously, I can't. There has been some speculation that she might be bisexual, but it's not like I can just ask her because then she'll know that I'm interested in her.

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're "out to everyone". She wants you to rub her back. So you can just say "Well, OK. But if you weren't straight, I'd think you were hitting on me." :slight_smile:

Lex

7. Doctor Faustus

What Lex said. xD

But yeah life and love are so darn fucking complicated, right? :/

8. orlaith

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Great strategy :slight_smile:

And who knows maybe she is! Anything is possible - if this time last year someone had told me I'd have finished with my boyfriend and would be dating a girl by now, I would have laughed...and yet I am!

9. Silver Sparrow

You say you're out to everyone, and I'm assuming that includes your crush.
    Most girls would be very careful to not show any interest in an awesome chick if they knew she was LGBT, so I think she might be interested in you.
    Remember, there is never something wrong with being who you are.