1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making progress but a little confused

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Fluffster, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Fluffster

I haven't posted much on here, but I have read a lot, and I just wanted to put in an update that I am making progress on coming out and things have been going good. I have been doing the online dating thing, I have only been on one date, but I have been talking to a number of women online and I have a date with another girl in the works (and I am working on a few more...lol). There is definitely a learning curve when it comes to talk to girls, but I am a pretty faster learner, lol. I have been getting a lot more open like everyday with my friends, like coming out and talking about what is going on in my personal life.

There is one thing that is kind of confusing me. It is pretty hard to lesbians and tell them that you are bi, especially women in their 30s, because they are pretty set in their prejudices against bisexuals and have a lot of reservations. However, since I started this process of coming out I have also been finding that while I can appreciate a good looking guy, my interest in guys has been waning pretty fast and like, at this point, I just can't see myself in a relationship, especially a long term one, with a guy. Although I can superficially appreciate a hottie, I am just not interested.

So, while I have been considering identifying as a lesbian, I have reservations because I am afraid that this is just a phase and my desire to be with guys will like pop back up later. I also acknowledge that, among women who love women, it is a lot more socially acceptable across the boards to identify as a lesbian and I am also worried that I might be wanting to identify as a lesbian because it is easier/there is some social pressure.

Any advice?

2. WydenEmmie

Out Status:
    A few people
    Someone else will most likely have better advice, but if you don't want to identify as bi, and you don't want to identify as lesbian, you can always use kinesy 4/5. You'd kind of be identifying as bi, but more toward girls. This could help in case you suddenly do have feelings for a guy.

http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinsey_scale

^^That's a wiki with a table kind of explaining the kinsey scale if you don't know what it is.

:slight_smile: