1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hollidays this year :c

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by yeahyeah, Nov 26, 2011.

1. yeahyeah

yeahyeah Guest

:c As I said in other posts, my boyfriend and I broke up recently and this year I will spend hollidays in his hometown (my grandpa lives there). That's how I met him, when I was there in december for the new year, last year.
    Anyway, this year me and my family are going to be there for Christmas and he is going to be there too, with his family. The thing is that I imagined time before all this happened (the break up :c) that we would be able to be more time togehter during the vacation, hanging out while we both there. Now we are not a couple I don't know how this going to be. I don't know if he would want to hang out everyday when we there. :c I don't want to be all sad over there like last year. I want this year to be different and be with him, happy. Spend a good time with him. Hope everything goes well.

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck to you - the holidays are definitely a hard time to deal with breakups, and it sounds like a lot of this year's holidays will remind you a lot of him (especially since you'll be spending it together still...d'oh!).

Try just taking it one day at a time. It's bound to be stressful, but the truth is, you have other important people around you who won't always be there. Your grandparents, other family members, and so on. Enjoy the holidays for being around them, if nothing else.

And who knows? Maybe you and he will work something out and at least be able to be friendly during the season. It would sure beat feeling awkward around each other the whole time.

Just try to avoid expectations and enjoy the time you have there moment by moment, if possible. And don't feel bad about being sad sometimes either, it's perfectly normal. :slight_smile: