1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

:c I don't understand

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by yeahyeah, Nov 26, 2011.

1. yeahyeah

yeahyeah Guest

When my boyfriend and I broke up, we end up good. What I mean is that we didn't fight; he said that we will keep seen each other. I told him that I didn't want to lose him and didn't want to stop talking (you know, don't lose contact) and he told me that it won't happen.
    So we are supposed to be ok right now but we haven't poken for 6 days. Last week, the times I saw him on facebook, we just talked like for 5 min then he had to go.
    Now on this week, today (minutes ago) is the only day I saw him online but he went offline I couln't say hello to him :c
    One friend I told about this said that maybe we need time without talking, because we were so used to talk everyday and maybe we need this and she told me that it's difficult but that it would pass... but I don't know. I mean days after we broke up he said that he wanted us to talk as before.
    I don't understand and like that I feel like he is mad at me, maybe he is not but is what I feel after days of no talking :c :c

#1 yeahyeah, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2011
  2. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry to hear about your breakup. What happens when a lot of people breakup is that they agree to remain friends or at least on friendly terms with each other and a lot of the time that doesn't work out so well for one of both people involved. He might not be mad at you, but he might just be wanting his space right now. I say leave him be and if he wants to talk with you he'll find a way to get in touch. Maybe wait for him. And if he doesn't, I guess that means he didn't want to remain friends after all. Good luck.

3. yeahyeah

yeahyeah Guest

Yes I think he want that space right now but Ohh I love him and miss him so much :c
    Well I know how is he and if he told me we will keep in touch I believe him, hope we can talk soon u.u

4. Doctor Faustus

Sorry to hear about that. Yeah, give him the space he needs to clear things in his head before you even try approaching him again. Write him a letter or something first; better yet, send him a Christmas card! :grin: Let him know you're still in his thoughts by doing these things, before you meet him again in person. I'm sure he'll appreciate simple gestures like that.

Hope it all works out for you.

Best wishes,

Dr. Faustus.

5. EM68

Everyone has given some great advice. Sorry that you broke up with your bf. I would give him some space. Like you, he has to process the breakup and everyone has a different way of dealing. Good luck.

6. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been in a similar situation, and while I wouldn't quite say everyone starts out wanting to be friends and it never happens (not to put words in people's mouths), that process of remaining in touch after a relationship is always in flux.

There will be times when you will be very close and talk a lot, and times when you're not in touch over long periods. It doesn't necessarily mean he's mad at you or doesn't want to talk ever, it just means he isn't in a place to talk right now - or, very possibly, that he really is busy and just can't. His feelings for you are probably very complex right now, so don't expect him to be too easy to decode.

Give it as much time as you can and try to find support elsewhere in the mean time (friends, family, even a counselor if the situation gets too stressful for you).

(*hug*)