1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Here's the deal

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kirakishou, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Kirakishou

I left this alone for the last half of my week-long break and now I'm heading back to school tomorrow so I must make a decision.
    Basically, I met this guy that I'm quite interested in and the problem is that I can barely contact him. He didn't have a Facebook so I got his number, then learned that he doesn't really reply to texts and if he does, it takes him almost a day to reply. He assured me that this is his texting habit in general so... make what you will of this.
    So far, I've seen him twice (in group settings) and I would really like to hang out alone with him, but I feel it might be awkward since we haven't really been talking because... he doesn't really provide me with a way to.
    I've been mulling about what to do ever since break started, but after he didn't text me back for so long that I didn't think about it (something I rarely ever do in these situations). I feel like I should just forget about it since nothing in this situation has indicated anything, good or bad, but part of me still wants to just try anyways.

2. J Snow

It doesn't hurt to tell him that you really enjoy talking to him and would like to get to know him better. Worst case scenario he's not interested and really there's no harm.

3. Chandra

If he doesn't reply to texts, and you want to clearly let him know you're interested in getting to know him one-on-one, then call him instead.

To be honest, from what you describe I wouldn't get my hopes up too much. If someone really wants to open the lines of communication they will find a way to make it easier to contact them. It could be that he's just really, really introverted, but I'm not getting a sense of strong encouraging signals here. So I'd say, for sure give it a try, but don't set your expectations too high.