1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't talk to my parents

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Charni, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    A while ago I came out to my parents and it didn't go well. It's been a few weeks now and things have cooled down a fair bit but I still can't talk to them. I try to talk to them but it's awkward when I do talk to them, I can't sustain conversation and end up going back to my room. I just wish I could talk to them about anything. Can anybody help?

2. Ianthe

You came out to them about cross-dressing? What happened?

One thing you might try is just telling them that you miss being able to talk to them.

3. J Snow

I came out about having a bf to my parents a year ago. I still can't talk to them about my sexuality, and feel awkward talking to them in general.

I don't think cross dressing would be quite that big of a deal though. What did they say when you told them?

4. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    We ended up having an argument and now I am not allowed to do it ever again, but as soon as I move out I am going to anyway, and I can't visit my girlfriend because she lended me her clothes.

---------- Post added 28th Nov 2011 at 02:37 PM ----------

I am not 3 so I shouldn't be playing dress ups anymore. Stuff like that. They really didn't like it. As I said I am actually not allowed to even visit her anymore.

5. J Snow

Wow, I would be mad at them too. What you wanna wear, in private even, doesn't effect anybody. For them to try to split up over your relationship over something like that is outrageous. How has your girl friend reacted?

6. Doctor Faustus

Posted on your wall about this.

Once again, really sorry to hear about your predicament. Hope it gets resolved soon.

Dr. F.

7. Ianthe

If your parents believe that cross-dressing is something that is going to stop just because they say so, they are really, really naive people.

The cross-dressing was your idea, right? What makes them think that separating you from your girlfriend is going to stop you? It makes no sense. It's not like there's nowhere else in the world where you could get women's clothes. They are pretty easy to come by, really, especially if you have any of you own money. Which at some point you presumably will.

They didn't know you were cross-dressing before. How will they know if you do it again? How can they successfully forbid you from doing something they never even caught you at?

8. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    They haven't actually said they want us to break up. She was angry at them.

---------- Post added 28th Nov 2011 at 05:43 PM ----------

Yes I know. I enjoy it and I will keep doing it.

It sorta was. I asked my girlfriend what she would do if I was curious about it and she said she would give me some clohtes and I asked her what she has. I am still in school, I'm only 165 so it will be hard for me.

I didn't think about that. I guess they wouldn't. They never really looked for the clothes and unless they looked really hard they would never have found them.

9. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family

10. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Gah I ment 16!