1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gift Giving.. gah dam christmas

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by dictionary, Dec 14, 2007.

1. dictionary

OK i like have never gien christmass gifts to my close friends are you ment to cause i have never recived one either....
    I amctualy verry confused what i am trying to ask but if you can answer me it would be greatly apreciated

2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

If you think you know something that one of your friends would appreciate that you can afford, then get it for them. That's how I approach christmas. Only get them something if you know they'll like it.

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Do you have a job and earn your own money? Until you do, I don't think its necessary to give Christmas gifts. Now if you have a special talent and can make them something, I think that would be great! One of my friends knitted me a scarf when we were 16 and I still have it! (although its falling apart LOL)

4. Jim1454

Perhaps its a 'guy' thing, but I've never exchanged Christmas gifts with my friends. We don't do birthday presents either. If you're all OK with that, then I wouldn't start anything. Perhaps that's a lousy attitude - but at the same time I think people often exchange gifts because they feel they are expected to - not because they want to.

5. InaRut

*Sings*
    Lets go to the mall you know they got it all...

Anywaayss....I usually don't get my friends anything. But I'm part dutch so..

6. Ty

Ty Guest

Kristina (dutch name:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) was talking about christmas shopping with anna and i said "hey, did you get me something cause i got you something(lie)" and she goes "oh no ill have to get you something" and anna said "oh did you get me something too, tyrone?" i thought "oh crap" and said to her yeah, cause she would be upset if i didn't

And then kristina was talking with kerry about christmas and let it slip that i got her a present. Now kerrys buying me something so i have to get 3 people presents! Because im so stupid! *Sigh* Nevermind.... only £20 to throw away....

7. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Lol, that's actually a good way to get presents, as long as you are telling the truth.

8. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always get gifts for my close friends but I don't think I really did in high school. It seems reasonable that unless you happened to have loads of money at that point you wouldn't.

I really wish I had the ability to create things that could be given as gifts, like I wish I could draw or paint or take cool photographs or just make something tangible... but sadly I tend to excel at the more esoteric things like writing.

I did write my mum this awesome poem once for Mother's Day. But I'm not often inspired to write things for specific people, if you know what I mean.

What I do do each year which is somewhat non-standard of me given my age is I send out Christmas cards, just because I think getting Christmas cards is cool and it shows, especialy in this day and age, that someone is willing to put a little effort into saying, "I'm thinking of you." So far I'm going to be sending out like 50 cards this year!

9. Jim1454

I have done the same this year - given I'm not in my new place. I mailed 22 cards yesterday, and have a handful more that I want to do.