1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I got money stolen

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by CrimsonThunder, Dec 14, 2007.

1. CrimsonThunder

Ok, so I was at a party the other week and someone i know stole money off me (she works with me) and the bitch wont give me my money back.

I've told her shes got a week to give me my money back and I told her if she doesn't give it back I'm going to go to the cops about her.

Is that the right thing to do? Or will the cops not be able to do anything. I have a few people that saw her take the money off me. Also shes making up stories about "giving the money to a taxi driver" and shit.

2. dictionary

Is she like a claptamaniac?
    why did she steal it dose she despratly need it?

3. CrimsonThunder

I dunno why she stole it, probably as a joke but she doesn't know how serious it is.

4. dictionary

Heheheh i think she could just want a reaction from you.....

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    How much money was it? I think getting the cops involved would depend on that.

6. CrimsonThunder

$60 australian bucks. >_> Its not much lol

7. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well, its not pocket change either. I think if you made the threat and she hasn't responded, you should follow through with it especially since you've got witnesses.

8. panda

You could go on Judge Judy.

9. Louise

Could you not go and see her parents first and see if they can help you sort out the situation before going to the cops.

The problem when it is cash is proving who it belongs to. The police won't be able to do much as one 20$ bill lookes much like another.

If her parents can't/won't help you then you might think of asking her loudly at work if she has the money that she stole from you, then go on to explain (loudly) the circumstances ie;
    'you know at the party last week when I was drunk and so and so saw you going through my coat pocket where I had three 20$ bills...'

She will probably give it back or sort something out with you just to get you away from her employer, no employer wants to risk employing a thief! In your shoes I would ask her everyday, preferably in front of your boss until you get your money back... but then I'm like that :lol:

Good luck.

#9 Louise, Dec 14, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  10. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

I love that idea

11. Chaos

I would choke the bitch.

Seriously, hunt her down and tell her "gimme my money back... or else" and see what she does. Don't let her get away with it, she might do it to somebody else.

Money is money and I would NEVER let anybody steal that much from me. Hell I would get worked up over 20 bucks. Haha.

Especially if it's money that I earned.

12. EthanS

EthanS Guest

say to her.. ' Oi! bitch!, If ya dont giv my cash back Il smash your face in.. ok??:slight_smile:' ^_^

13. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Or why dotn u jus rob her?? how much did she steal?

14. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Kick her in the cooch! lol j/k Tell her to give you your money back or youl file a report to her at the police station. At least she'll have a criminal record. And i agree tell your employer or around him/her say that she stole it from you. Btw how much does aussie dollars equal to US dollars?

15. Urman

Urman Guest

lol Lationkid that is the wrong thing to do make sure that your 110% positive that she took your money if you are then give her like 2 days then report her to the cops don't give her a week she well spend it lol i had a thing for my psp stolen at my own job ^_^

16. waitingsucks

Ask her to give it back and threaten to sue her if she doesn't. If it's a threat it's free. lol arrested development

17. davo-man

I think that's about 70 - 80 dollar American, with the exchange being around 1 American to .85 Aussie (my stock exchange knowledge is fairly limited, so if Im wrong, please corrrect me)

I would talk to her very directly and forcefully telling her to give back the money, esp if you feel very strongly about it

18. CrimsonThunder

I have, and it doesn't work.

19. waitingsucks

Then if there's witnesses, I'd involve some type of authority

20. CrimsonThunder

Well, it was just my luck today that the blockbuster store across from us got broken into (i got to work 15 mins out (I was out late partying so, no one expected me to come on time) and that was about 5:15AM) and I saw some people breaking into the store, so the cops came over and asked about what I saw. So after that I told him what happened and he was very supportive of me and said that they will do as much as they can. :slight_smile: So yeah, I'm going to go to the police station soon.

Thanks for all ur help. ^_^