1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Life is a strange thing, and people are stranger. I guess I'm gay.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Friendly ghost, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Friendly ghost

I don't know if anyone here remembers my last couple threads, probably not. But anyway, I'm gay. It's kind of funny in retrospect. I ignored the possibility for so long, and then all the sudden it hit me. Being who I am I even came out to family the first time around, and when the obsession faded I was still questioning. My girlfriend got on my ipod and saw all that I had put on here, and ripped the new closet door off again. I'm ignoring her now, I don't think I can talk about it yet. I am an open person, not against anyone. But this identity crisis i've had really changed everything.

I am gay. Seems so ridiculous that I have had such a hard time just realizing it. accepting it never seemed like a big deal. Fuck, I'm gay, who'd have thought it. I guess I just didn't know enough people to know there were guys for me. I met this guy, only briefly, but I knew him. He was sweet, shy, and awkward. But I could read him, I just wish he not only would stay around here, but if only he were gay. Either way, Ive never felt that attraction before, I suppose being awkward and shy doesn't help. I don't know, this will fade, and I will be back down again. But, I am gay.

2. Vesper

I know exactly how you feel, on both counts. It took 25 years for me to be hit with the realization, and afterward, it was never hard to accept the fact (though I'm still working on being comfortable being out). My mom seemed to know before I did, though I haven't told her yet.

Yes, you are and always will remain gay, and (I know this sounds cliche) that's okay. Life's a strange animal, but stranger things have happened than some people being attracted to others of the same sex.

#2 Vesper, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2011