1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could this mean anything?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Samus610, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Samus610

2 days ago I had a dream. A lot of it was really weird. But it mainly was about me and my boyfriend. I remember we were sitting next to eachother and he had his arms around me and my head was on his shoulder. I think he said something that made me look at him. And then he kissed me. The weird thing is that I could feel his lips on mine. When he pulled away he had this smirk on his face. But before anything else could happen my step-dad woke me up :frowning2:. Does this mean anything or should I just ignore it?

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    No, don't ignore it! Appreciate the warm feeling it gave you!

3. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

They say that everyone in our dreams is a manifestation of some part of ourselves. Maybe the smirk means that you have some doubt that he truly loves you.

4. Dizzy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To quote Sigmund Freud: "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." Taking too much from our dreams is not a terribly good idea, as the majority of things that you dream have no relevance at all to real life. Furthermore, start seeing meaning in dreams, and basic theories of suggestion can predict that the meaning (if it is emotional such as your hypothesis) that is perceived will become true. I.E if you think that a dream means you doubt your boyfriend loves you, then you will start to doubt it as a result.

Personally Samus610, I wouldn't think much of it positively or negatively in relation to real life. Dreams are fun, but like a good movie or book shouldn't be used as a guide on anything in the real world.

5. Samus610

6. Ty

Ty Guest

Wow dreams seem quite popular to post since i posted mine ^_^