1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The laws of attraction

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by txnathrt, Nov 28, 2011.

1. txnathrt

Out Status:
    Some people
    I wanted desperately to make this anonymous, but I finally figured I have to be honest somewhere.

I am struggling, and have been for a long time, to determine are least my sexual orientation. I have always had a girlfriend, and always been attracted to women. I.also had a boyfriend... Because I was supposed to. It generally didn't bother me. However, after the ending of a very significant part of my life, and having been alone for more than a year, I've found that what I'm attracted to doesn't seem to be anything stable @ all.... The result of this was that I am horribly confused. How do I make sense of this? Sorry if this doesn't make sense... Feel free to ask for clarification. :-\

2. Jade Fox

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    'Anything stable at all.." meaning like you haven't had any attraction to anyone, or its just been random?

3. txnathrt

Out Status:
    Some people
    ~wrinkles nose ~ I'm not sure it's random really. I. Find that for the most part I am attracted to androgynous women or os, but occasionally just to a sinrgle woman, or man. And thus I just don't know.

#3 txnathrt, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  4. Chandra

I believe that sexuality doesn't necessarily remain fixed over time. I have generally experienced things the way you describe - sometimes I've only felt attracted to one woman or one man, sometimes I've been super attracted to one particular kind of man or woman, sometimes I've been attracted to people all over the map, sometimes I've gone for months at a time without feeling any attraction to anyone. Personally, I don't worry about it too much, because I don't really want a label anyway. Whoever I happen to fall for is who I fall for.

Do you feel that you want to identify strongly with a label?

5. txnathrt

Out Status:
    Some people
    Not particularly. I don't really like labels. I feel that it is a persons soul that I am attracted to. However, I find that it does occasionally frustrate me that my sexuality so fluid. It is especially frustrating when someone I may be interested in asks, and I simply can't say. I don't even know how to explain to myself.

6. Chandra

On the rare occasions people have asked me, I usually say something like "I'm attracted to attractive people".