1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I know if this guy likes me?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by rmadotta, Nov 29, 2011.

1. rmadotta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Here's the story, I met this guy a while back that is a friend of the family (to keep it simple). When I met this guy we just hangout at a bar with our friends and he started texting me at the bar. He wanted to know if I wanted to go back to his place. I decided I would because I had and still have a hug crush on him. During this time he had a boyfriend and things were rocky with him but we didn't speak about that. When I went over to his place we obviously made out and went to bed but although we were naked we just laid there for hours just talking and kissing. He told me things about his family and I felt that we had a connection. Something I had never felt with anyone else. After that night I went back home and he was the one texting me in the morning to say good morning. We chatted for a little while and he made sure that I knew that he had broken up with his bf. But then things got weird and it all just stopped. I really don't know what to think. This guy still makes my heart race. When we saw each other we would say hi with a hug and a kiss to the cheek, but I'm a bit shy to just go after it and he may be the same way. I don't know if he felt a connection that night, or maybe he feels that I don't like him because we didn't have sex that night. I just felt that having the conversation with him that night was better that just having sex. If anyone knows how I may approach this or how I can talk to him without choking I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

2. DhammaGamer

What do you mean when you say "things got weird"?

3. Doctor Faustus

Yeah, I'd like to help too but I'm intrigued by the same question :dry:

4. insidehappy

insidehappy Guest

sounds like there seemed to be interest and then something happened that made him stop contacting you. yoiu have two options;

1. keep pining away for him and waiting for him to call.
    2. call him and see how he has been doing and then express how you feel. "hey i just wanted to know that i still think about the time we spent together and id like to continue to hang out with you if yoiu're open to that but not sure what's going on with you now since we do not talk anymore."
    3. move on.

here's what i do know....when guys like you, they call, they text, they try and create opportunities to be with you. when they have met someone else or they are no longer interested in you, you do not hear from them.

5. rmadotta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Things got weird because I personally think that I came on too strong, and his type of personality is not texting all the time but more than face to face. He was the one that texted me after I spent time with him, and I also ran into him in two different situations. He lives in Puerto Rico and I live in Tampa, FL and I travel there very often. I ran into him at a mall in miami and also at the mall in Puerto Rico. I guess if I look into signs then those would be some of them. Every time i run into him i want to say something but i get all shy or choked up and don't say much, afraid of rejection or just saying the wrong thing. At this point I'm thinking of sitting down with him the next time i see him and just apologizing for coming on too strong and letting him know that I'm interested in building a friendship first.