1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What a great week so far (not)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by paperyostrich, Nov 29, 2011.

1. paperyostrich

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As some of you know I had a disasterous geography trip last week, for those of you who dont know basiclly i got the p*** taken out of me for being gay. So I haven't been too happy this week. Monday was ok I was just still feeling a bit down from the trip but today has been terrible. First of all my Psychology teacher is going on strike tomorrow as is everyone elso in the entire country so i wont have any lessons or vital revision time with my tutor, but thats not the worst of it, no. Today I found out that my best friend has been talking about me behind my back about my sexuality, so really quite a few people know, in some cases people I didn't want to know yet. I only found out because people were asking my brother about it all day. As you could imagine I got quite upset and had a big argument with her whilst she tried to deny the whole thing, even going as far to say that she wasn't even talking to anyone today or that she wasnt in the coffee shop (which she was, imet her in there with all of her friends) so basiclly were not friends anymore so im pretty annoyed and upset now, and its only tuesday who knows what ill be like when I have to see the geography class again, especially george (some of you will know what im talking about). Even worse he has been giving me really wierd looks since we got back and Hannah has been telling some people about it hand her and my other friend got into a big argument about me on monday so its been pretty rubbish for me so far :tears:

2. DefineNormal

DefineNormal Guest

I'm really really sorry about everything and honestly wish there was something that I could do to help, but for now all I can offer is a virtual hug (*hug*)

Hopefully things will look up eventually, and you'll come out better for it. I know that there's nothing I can say to make things better, so I'm really just wirting this to let you know that you're never alone, and that you've got my thoughts.

The only advice I can think to give, is to stick some good music on to make you feel better-people often don't realise the power it has on us. That's what I always do anyhow. :thumbsup:

If you need to rant anytime, feel free to drop me a line :slight_smile:

3. Hidinginalabama

HUG I really dont what to say here other than do what every it take to make you happy here. Try and find things that make your day better. Cause at the end of the day you have to deal with how you feel and you should feel happy with what ever you do.

4. chrism29

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    sorry to here about how everything went down. i agree with DefineNormal listen to some music its acctually amazing how much it helps (atleast it helps me personaly). things will get better in time i promise. if you ever need to talk or vent or what ever feel free to message me.

best of luck(*hug*)

5. kellymporta

(*hug*) I'm sorry to hear you're still sad. However, don't worry so much about people talking behind your back about your sexuality. Probably this is happening because they are curious, it doesn't necessarily mean that they are making fun about you behind your back. I mean, you just came out of the closet and probably not many people at your age are willing to accept they're gay. It's natural that most people you know are curious.

Just give everyone a bit of time, eventually they will find something new to gossip about. For now, just continue being yourself and stay strong.(&&&)

6. pace e amore

i'm so sorry about how you were treated. I was bullied in high school for being gay (even though i was still in denial at the time) and the best advice i can give you is to just ignore it, eventually they'll get bored and think of something better to do than bash you about your sexuality. On a side note though words can't hurt you if you don't let them, if they turn into action and/or physical violence then that is something you really need to tell someone about. (*hug*)