1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

REALLY nervous about coming out to..?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jerseyboy, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Jerseyboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So i know we all have the friends that we're not sure that they'll accept us, or the parents with their old-world religious values yada yada, so who are you the most afraid to come out to?? For me, its not even my parents, like sure I'm not bouncing up for joy to tell them, but i know they'll accept me in the end. Not gunna lie, it'd have to be my roommate just cause I'm just a freshmen in college and we really get along...but i don't know how this will affect him. Like he seems really open but then again, I've known him for like 3 months...We talk about girls hes hooked up with and shit and never really get into about me which I'm not complaining lol but still, i dont know, I just don't want to fuck it up but at the same time I just want to get everything out in the open. Anyone else have that one person?

2. DhammaGamer

I'm scared to tell my twin brother (fraternal) that I'm trans. I've known him longer and better than anyone in my life. I don't know how he will respond to the fact that the brother he has known for 24 years is actually a sister. It sucks too because I live with him and cannot enjoy being a girl even in my own home because I haven't come out to him yet. ugh

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know what you mean... my first roommate did not take it very well. My second roommate is totally fine with me and we really get along well. I am also a freshman in college. I would have to say that the one person for me now is my grandma. I think that she will be ok with it, but over the years we have had our battles about various issues.

4. Vesper

I'm most afraid of telling my extended family, especially the grandparents. I have no idea what they think of homosexuality, and I grew up in a culture completely different from theirs.

#4 Vesper, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  5. needshelp

well, everyone i know

6. bryan176

My grandmother on my dads side she is from the typically perfect world generation.

7. Aielar

Would have to be my immediate family, I believe my mom will come around eventually, as well as my eldest brother, but my other brother probably won't take it that well. So yeah.