1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nervous about moving into gay flatshare

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lynchpin, Dec 1, 2011.

1. lynchpin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi all,

Tomorrow is a big day of my life - me moving into the city and not knowing a gay person personally for my entire life (I'm 23), I am feeling paranoid about moving into a gay flat, I don't know how I should behave tomorrow or should I just be myself from the beginning? The problem is I don't know myself. I can be overly self-conscious in front of strangers and then ecstatic at some other times. Plus I seem to type better than I speak.

Another issue is - I am the only foreigner in the entire house share of English lads. I don't know if I'm going to get well along with them because after all, I've never been out with English friends much tbh, what do English chaps think of a newcomer usually?

I should know this is gonna happen, cos after all, it was my decision. I was tempted to move away from my current clique of straight mates....

Please advise all :icon_sad:

2. chrism29

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    my only advice is to relax and just have regular conversations...just be friendly and you shouldnt have a problem and in time you will find yourself and things are going to be fine. sorry this is the only advice i can give.

best of luck to you.

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

First off, welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

Have you been in contact with some of the guys that you are going to be living with? If not, then its probably a good idea to try and find them on facebook or something similar in order to get an idea of who they are and how they interact. The more you know the less nervous you will feel.

My advice is to start being honest. At least with yourself. Start acting on your first thoughts and emotions. The more sincere you are with yourself the better you will start understanding who you are.

Go tomorrow and try to get to know them. Find out who they are and what they are interested in. That's the best way to befriend someone :slight_smile:

Best of luck tomorrow and let us know how it goes!

4. darkcheesse

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    the only thing i can warn you about us english is we take the mick alot