1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

don't get this guy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by query, Dec 1, 2011.

1. query

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    yeah it's one of those 'does he like me' posts, never thought i would be making one myself ... right so this year of school i have been hanging out with this guy a lot. so he dated one of my friends for like 3 days before he dumped her. it striked me as quite odd because she was his first gf and 3 days isnt much time to see if you like someone or not. when i asked him about it he mumbled something like she was annoying and that he wasnt going to date for the rest of highschool. that really seemed odd

---------- Post added 1st Dec 2011 at 11:27 PM ----------

to me especially because i used to say the EXACT same thing when i was in the closet, and he said it very sad like. also i was worried if he knew i was gay he wouldnt want to hang out with me alone like we do a lot, but when i told him it just seems like we hang out more. to add a little more he just has these 'gay' mannerisms. even before i liked him i was like 'wow he seems totally gay'. only reason i do like him was because i was annoyed because i thought he liked me but i didnt then, but eventually i

---------- Post added 1st Dec 2011 at 11:41 PM ----------

started to like the idea. i dunno ... he just has never talked about girls, not once. he once said he was gay but laughed it off, but the way he said it ringed with truth. the only thing i have to argue against this is after he joked about being gay i mentioned later i had several old playboys, and he practially broke my arm for one of them. it was when we where around a bunch of people though, and when we're alone he just seems different, and when someone comes along and joins us, he just seems bothered.

---------- Post added 1st Dec 2011 at 11:42 PM ----------

sorry i am so all over the place im really tired. thanks for reading!

2. Jim1454

The advice we give here all the time is this: If he hasn't come out to you, then you need to assume he's straight. Especially if you've come out to him. He knows you're gay, and knows you'd be accepting if he were gay, and he still hasn't come out. So he either isn't gay, or he isn't ready to come out. Either way, you need to leave it alone. Just be a friend, and continue to be a good example of someone who is leading a full and happy life outside of the closet.

3. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ...I'll add, though, that's I'm another gay man who proclaimed vehemently, while in high school and closeted, that I would never date.

But, yeah. It's hard to "interpret" someone on things like this, as if there's some kernel of truth at the core of it anyway, something that he recognizes clearly but is hiding completely from the world for some unknown but easily understandable reason.

In the meantime, he's a good friend who apparently feels that he can act "genuine" around you - whatever that means. So enjoy that for what it is - even that is rare enough. If he comes out (or on!) to you at some point, then great. If not, you have an awesome friend who's cool with you being gay.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nowhere near enough data yet to make a judgment.

Lex