1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honestly, do you ever...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by unknown12, Dec 2, 2011.

1. unknown12

Do you ever wish you were straight after coming out? I have slightly experienced the gay lifestyle and i'm coming to find that it's hard to accept that lifestyle. Before I came out, I was in a conservative setting. I felt comfortable and kept my homosexual needs in check with good company. Those were the best days in my life. Now i'm facing that dilemma again. Like i'm thinking about fully going back into the closet and locking the door. I just can't bring myself to accept this. I don't ever think I will after 9 years. And to add to that, i'm starting to find girls attractive again. Maybe with me convincing myself, things are changing.

2. omgnoway

omgnoway Guest

3. time4change

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I definately do and I'm only out to a few people. Never thought this was going to be so hard.

4. BenIsScared

I've only come out to my close friends, and yes, I wish I was straight a lot of the time. You're not alone! Don't worry, I promise things will get better!

5. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel a little odd saying this but anyway, I don't really have any close friends at the moment, in real life anyway, so the only person I've come out to so far [not counting this site] was one I've gotten to know online. They couldn't have been more supportive so far. While I haven't connected with the local community yet or come out to anyone else, despite my feelings of insecurity and doubt [especially over the past two months,] to be honest, I don't wish I was straight.

I don't mean to sound like I'm rubbing that in anyone's face, 'cause I am still quite nervous at the thought of coming out to my mother [even though I'm sure she'd come to accept it,] anyone who's familiar with me or anyone I know finding out, or even trying to socialize with other LGBT people. Most of my life though I think I've given up happiness for feeling comfortable and at this point I don't even feel comfortable anymore. For a variety of reasons, I'm just about as alone as I've ever felt and I think having to come to terms with my sexuality has given me an opportunity to correct that.

6. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've only come out to people online and I regret it for various reasons.

7. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can honestly say that I share frustrations with what people expect the "gay lifestyle" to be. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm going to be gay my own way. I mean what's the point of coming out if you're only going to live your life the way a different group of people want you to? (Not down on people who decide to adopt the common gay culture, just not for me)

But, do I ever wish I was straight? No, I can't say so. Even if I do find the occasional woman attractive, the idea of actually starting a physical relationship with them just isn't something I'd want to do. As frustrating as the "lifestyle," or dating, or dealing with close-minded people may be, it doesn't change the fact that my image of where I want to be in the future is in a relationship with another man.

8. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I do totally sympathise with you and have felt like that myself a little when I first came out but you know then I realised that being gay didnt mean I had to adopt any kind of lifestyle I still have all the good bits of my straight life with the added bonus of having someone I love and who loves me back to share it with, she just happens to be a girl other than that im just like any other straight person.

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I occasionally wish that my path - and the path of all people with alternate sexualities - was as smooth as the path straight people seem to have sometimes. But I don't think I ever wished I was straight. Not the same thing. :slight_smile:

Lex

10. Jerseyboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    At first I did, and I kinda still sometimes do even though I only told 2 people so far, but then I think about it, and I don't know, cause I feel like being out is the first time I've ever allowed myself to experience true freedom. The one thing that always gets me is that I do fear change, and in this case, in the sense that people are going to see me differently, and treat me differently. But that aside, I don't plan on being anything I'm not and neither should you, just look at it as now you're more honest with yourself and everyone around you :slight_smile:

11. Danny19

When i started accepting myself and told my friends i was gay i felt better about it.. But then i started hiding it more being more secretive and worried ima get caugh, and then i told my sister and i wish i hadnt because she suggested psychology and medication. So now i definitely wish i was straight. sometimes i think why me!

12. Azza

Honestly sometimes, yes. Not because I want to like women, I love men but being straight would be so much easier. I have no idea what your average straight teenager worries about if their not obsessing over their sexual orientation every five minutes. However, as I've become more confident in myself I find myself feeling like that less and less and I don't think there will be a particular "lifestyle" I'll have to lead, I'm just going to live my life and see what happens :slight_smile:

13. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with this.

14. unknown12

Thankyou everyone, but i'm about to abandon hope of being gay. All the gay guy's iv'e tried to be friends with tried to seduce me. I'm sick and tired of it. I want to be friends before I have a relationship. I'm sorry, but for all the people who say that being gay doesn't mean you have to be immoral are living in a snow globe. I think that the physiological impact of being gay will be more detrimental to me, so i'm going to be straight. Being straight will have less of a impact and I will be able to live the life I want to. Sometimes in order to achieve happiness, sacrifices(sexual pleasure) have to be made.

15. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey im sorry you feel that way, and I wish you every happiness in the future.

16. Colton

Yes. A lot,

17. Doctor Faustus

Sometimes. But tbh, if I were straight, I wouldn't find the boyfriend that I know was made for me. He's out there somewhere: I just know it.

You can accuse me of being a romantic, but I believe waiting for that one true love is better than whoring yourself out to loads of hot but bland guys. I don't fancy waking up in bed one morning with a complete stranger.

18. Fiddledeedee

I sometimes wish I was gay rather than bi – then maybe my mom would believe me. But I have no regrets about telling everyone at school about my sexuality, as hopefully I can break some stereotypes and help someone else be more accepted.

19. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi unknown12, how old are the guys you're meeting and where do you meet them? I'm wondering if those factors have an impact on why they all just want sex right away. On the positive side, you must be good looking if they are so hot for you :icon_bigg There are guys out there who want the type of relationship you want. I know this because I'm one of them and statistically there must be more than just you and me.

Hmm, fooling a woman by dating her, with her assuming you're straight sounds like a really bad idea. I don't think you'll ever really be happy if you're always fighting/faking your true sexuality so the "sacrifice" will actually decrease your happiness. If you're right-handed, sure you can force yourself to do stuff with your left hand, but I think it would suck to struggle with writing and other stuff for no good reason. I think pretending to be straight would suck even more since sexuality relates to deep emotions, feelings and our mental health much more so than which hand we pretend to prefer.

I really hope things get better for you. Take care, buddy (*hug*)

20. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to, but i'v come to realize all the great things that come with being gay. I would take a gay lifestyle over a straight one anyday. We have more fun, and don't have to deal with women. lol