1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel like im being ignored

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by paperyostrich, Dec 3, 2011.

1. paperyostrich

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    things have been so rubbish this week. First of all there was the public sector strike so i didn't have any college lessons. I had a massive argument with my best friend on tuesday (we sort of made up now) and ever since i got back of off my geography trip to surrey; where i basiclly told the other 5 people in my geography class i was gay, it feels like they are ignoring me. It might just be me but lining up for the lesson and stuff everyone has been chatting to each other but if i say anything it seems like they pretend not to hear or something, they have even started to sit away from me in the classroom so im sitting on the other side all on my own, and on the lessons on friday we get a break and they all went off together and just left me behind. both thursday and friday they have not spoken to me, i have tried to speak to them but it seems like they are ignoring me, they also keep giving me wierd stares. I used to get on with everyone but since i came out it seems like no one in the class want to know me anymore. :tears:

2. Chandra

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through that. People can be cruel. But you know what, if these "friends" are treating you this way because you've told them you're gay, they're not the friends you need anyway.

Does your school have a GSA or the like? Or your community? It sounds like it's time for you to find some new friends who will treat you as you deserve to be treated.

3. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry to hear that your classmates are - apparently - ignoring you. It's never fun to be rejected after coming out, and being treated this way by a whole group doesn't make it any easier.

Nevertheless, think of it this way. Eventually that class will be over, and you won't have to deal with those people anymore. You have other friends - including your best friend, who will still be around for you even after a huge argument, let alone just revealing some personal information. So, while you're in a lonely place right now, it sounds like you have friends and people that genuinely care about you. Try to focus on them. :slight_smile:

4. paperyostrich

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have checked to see if there is a community or something like that in the college but there isn't. I discovered that I was the only gay person in the entire sitxh form so that sort of sucks. and I would get some new friends but I dont really speak to anyone else that much so i still dont know the majority of people in my lessons very well. also i get very nervous talking to new people so it's quite hard for me to make friends.