1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looks and confidence

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by greatfulyslow, Dec 3, 2011.

1. greatfulyslow

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So recently I've been e-mailing this woman I accidently meet online and she is funny and super smart but I keep shooting myself down mentally because I feel like she is out of my league she is really beautiful like hot and I don't feel like I'm hot enough for her! I mean we are just getting to know each other so I don't know where it will go probably nowhere but I just feel like I have no self esteem! I don't feel I'm like hot attractive more like the girl next door I have shoulder length layered brown hair and I'm averagely athletic build but I don't feel hot! I just feel like I need a confidence booster or something! I mean I don't want anyone to think I'm shallow I'm more interested in someone's personality than looks but I just can't get past how beautiful this woman is!
    So as in the Lgbt community are people more focused on looks or personality?

2. chrism29

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    personality is defenatly more important to me...what is the point of having someone really attractive if that person is a complete jerk???? i wouldnt worry about looks so much you sound plenty attractive and i would just be your self and you will be fine.(*hug*)

3. Mogget

It's not a question of whether the community as a whole is more focused on looks or personality, it's a question of whether this particular woman is. And that's not a question any of us can answer.

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dont know if this is going to help but if I had to explain my ideal girl then girl next door would be exactly how I would describe her, I find that far hotter than any other amount of beauty or glamour.

Also rather than think about how you are not good enough just enjoy it for what it is and see what happens.

5. Cookie34

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Personality is much more important than looks.
    Dont put yourself down, when you wake up tell yourself im beautiful in the inside and on the outside and when you begin to think negatively about yourself stop and replace it with positively thoughts.
    She definitly wants to get too know you :slight_smile: just think positive!