1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im such a lesbian, yet im still confused

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jessica816, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Jessica816

I know that im a lesbian, it took me a long time to come to grips with that fact. I've embraced it and I love that part of me. Yet I find myself still flirting with guys, and thats whats confusing me. Is this normal or not? Idk for some reason its really bothering me, almost to the point that im questioning myself again and I'm ready to jump back in the "Closet". Idk any advice?

2. Homo Novus

In my opinion, it's totally normal. We all like a bit of attention and being flirts! That's totally okay! If you feel like you're more attracted to the ladies, or connect with them better emotionally, or whatever the case may be, then continue dating them! There's no harm in a bit of innocent flirting with the opposite team, in my opinion. :slight_smile: Come on, you know they like it. ;]

3. Jessica816

I felt like it was okay also, its harmless to do and then I get questioned by people around me. Which makes me question myself. I never thought anything of it because I'm such a flirt with everyone. Then I came out to the world and people will be like "Wait what are you doing flirting with him, I thought you are gay?" I guess I just need to learn how to ignore everyone else.

4. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sometimes even after you're out it's easy to flirt with guys. Like a habit I guess. And I think it's normal. There are so many straight girls that are flirtatious toward other girls but they're straight.

5. Homo Novus

Pffft. They don't get it. Midwestgirl is absolutely right. Straight girls can be SOOOOO flirtatious with gay girls -- believe me, I know. LOL. They love it because they know gay girls are likely to enjoy the attention. And it feels... almost "forbidden" to them somehow. I dunno, they just love it. Doesn't mean they're not straight... they're just shameless flirts! X) And that's fun!

6. Jessica816

You make a very valid point...I've only been out for close to a year and a half, so I guess I'm still just a little sensitive about all the judgement and questions at times

7. J Snow

Accepting yourself is excellent. You should expect your behavior to change over night though. You are still the same person you were the day before. Don't get so hung up on labels. Go with the flow (*hug*)

8. Menaki-Neko

Fargo North Dakota, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    If you find yourself flirting with boys, I suspect that you might be bisexual instead. It happened that way for me too, my first crush wasn't really Rachel, my first crush was Noah. I might be misunderstanding the situation too, please correct me if I'm wrong.

9. J Snow

Whoops, I meant you shouldn't* expect your behavior to change over night =P

10. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you're primarily, if not solely, interested in or imagine yourself being with another woman then you shouldn't worry about it. From what I know, few people are completelay gay just as few are completely straight. It seems most of us are 'bisexual' to some extent, just some more so than others, but that doesn't mean you can't continue to identify yourself as gay if that's what you're comfortable with. :slight_smile:

11. Jessica816

I don't think im Bisexual, I've never enjoyed being with a man sexually. Then again at this point I won't rule anything out.

12. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well when I said bisexual, I didn't mean exclusively regarding sex, in your case referring to the fact you enjoy, I presume, flirting with men and your saying that you wouldn't rule out the possibility of being with one. I probably should've been more specific. :lol:

At any rate, I hope you're feeling more comfortable with yourself these days. :slight_smile: