1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm tired of feeling this way.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Menaki-Neko, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Menaki-Neko

Fargo North Dakota, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    I'm tired of always feeling worried about what other people will think of me when I come out to them. I've had enough of that, and now I have to tell my mom. I'm tired of my condition that causes stomach cramps and...other stuff that I get when I'm nervous. I wish that I was never born bisexual sometimes, but then I kick myself in the butt for thinking that. I know it can't be changed, sometimes I wish it could, but then I kick myself in the butt again for thinking that. As you can see, I'm in a heap of emotions and could use some venting through this, and most of all I could use some help going through this.

2. Tracker57

Hey Hulu. Relax. For years I fought being gay--many years. Now that I have just let myself be who I am, the nervousness and tension I felt for years melted away. Look at yourself being bi as a blessing. You can be comfortable with anyone. And if your "friends" can't deal with who you are, are they really your friends? I was nervous coming out to my friends too--and I still am because I'm not fully out. But your true friends will surprise you either by a hug or by saying it's no big deal.

The biggest thing for me, Hulu, was to stop struggling with who I am. Once I gave up, I actually love my gay self. And you can actually love your bi self. Really!!!

Keep talking. Keep venting. Bottling everything up doesn't work!!

Tracker

3. MyJunkIsYou

Nothing can help like a venting session sometimes Hulu

I used to feel tired of worrying about what people would think, but eventually I reached a point where I was so tired I almost didn't care anymore. It's not that I stopped worrying (trust me I do!) but I figured I'd if a person isn't someone who I care about, why should I care about what they think of me?

When it comes to friends, sometimes people need a little while to absorb what you've told them, but if they aren't able to see that you're the same person that they've been friends with since the beginning, then they're not what I would call a friend anyway. I probably should have given my friends a little more credit, after all the worrying I was greeted with nothing but support, acceptance and a few curious questions. Looking back I realise now that the qualities my friends had which made them accepting were the qualities that made us become friends in the first place.

Don't beat yourself up for having feelings, especially those when you're aware that you're not in the most level headed of states. We all have moments where we wish things about us were different. Somedays I feel totally confident being who I am, sometimes I have days where I just don't want any attention drawn to it. In a few emotional moments I have wished like you that I wasn't bisexual, but in a more rational frame of mind I realise I'm happy with it, I just wish everyone else was too!

Take care

4. Valeyard

Don't see the fact you're bisexual as anything major. Just see it as something like "he's got blonde hair", or "her dress is red". It's just a fact. Sure, it's not like you can change it, but so what?