1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is he nervous or uninterested?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RyanMan4582, Dec 5, 2011.

1. RyanMan4582

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    There are plenty of signals indicating he likes me (All of which are signals that are based on his body language around me.) There are other subtle signs like once he shifted abruptly from his side of the hall to mine when I looked at my friend and tried to brush up against my shoulder. He's even followed me and a friend outside and came with his friend after his friend left he still stayed outside for a bit (About 1-2 months back)

Does it make sense if he never speaks first? He'll rather pass by me in the hall and not mutter a word just have intense eye contact with me. We've known each other for 2 years now, and seldom but often I find him lost in words and when that happens he gives me a soft smile and stares into my eyes then continues talking. Though, he's always nice to me and a few times casted aside his opinion and agreed on mine.

Once he has initiated a conversation with me but he blushed the entire time and walked around me laughing trying to hide his face. When I do initiate a conversation he usually stands very close to me stare into my eyes and make soft smiles you can tell his eyes are a bit dilated.

I was suppose to talk to him on Friday about this I said I have something talk to you about he asked About what? I said I'll say later he smiled softly and then we discussed something else and left it alone.

But I was too nervous for the past 2 days to bring it up and he didn't walk up and ask about it he stayed with friends like he always does.

I have a hunch he's gay based on this and his mannerisms twice I thought he had girlfriend each time turns out it was just a best friend.

Thank you for the help.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC!

Is he gay? Maybe.
    Is he interested? Possibly.
    Let's say he's gay.
    Let's say he's interested.

...then what?

Lex

3. insidehappy

insidehappy Guest

is he gay, maybe yes, maybe no.
    is he interested, possibly yes, possibly no.
    are you reading into things, high likelihood yes (looking at pupil dilation was a tip off)
    will you ever know either way if you do not come out to him or tell him that you're interested...NO

i am not suggesting doing this i'm just saying that its been two years. you're still wondering. he obviously isn't going to say anything so if you want to know, you have to initiate. also, it doesnt sounds like you all are that great of friends. sounds like more a hi and bye acquaintance. do you hang out, do you feel comfortable telling him. i suggest try hanging out and developing a friendship. then you can see if he is ok with things or what the deal is.

but you have said you wanted to talk to him about something so you can either play it off and lie (make up something) or you can out yourself and let him know you're interested. i do not recommend doing this all at once. its usually too much for someone to deal with. so if you're not friends, then just start off by seeing if you guys can hang out. if he is interestred in that maybe you can go from there.