1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Met an amazing guy, but...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by thevedman, Dec 5, 2011.

1. thevedman

I met an amazing guy but he's got a boyfriend... Ugh he's everything I would want in a boyfriend, but someone got there first. He's good looking, sweet and intelligent! Full package! So wish I could of met him first! Sorry just venting... he says he wants to be friends and I guess that's cool, he knows I'm gay, but I don't think he knows I've thought of him in that way... Hopefully I can just get over this quickly and move on. Anyone else meet someone they thought was mr (or mrs!) right only to find out they've already found their mr/mrs right? Sigh.

2. DhammaGamer

Just stay friends and if/when he and his bf break up you can be there to rebound.

Cha-CHING!

lol

3. thevedman

Ha yeah maybe... he's a nice guy, I wouldn't want his relationship to end even though I like him... but if his identical gay twin turned up and wanted to go on a date? Well then things would be good :slight_smile:

4. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only thing I can tell you is to remind you that you're not falling for this guy himself, you're falling for the other guy's boyfriend. He'd be different if he were on his own.

Do your best to forget about the idea. If he's single at some point, and you're still interested, then you can wait for something to develop.

(*hug*)

5. insidehappy

insidehappy Guest

yes this happened. i had a crush on someone once years ago. everytime i woudl see them i would get nervous and scared. i always talked to them but i kept it in the friend zone becuase he was super attractive and down right gorgeous. i felt i was way out of his league and i thought he was straight or maybe bi but i wasn't sure. i was very passive and not direct about hanging out etc. again, my low self esteem said (he's too good for you and would never be interested in you). fast forward about 10 years. we hung out. i was more confident. i could see the gay signs and i openly flirted with him. he was intersted and flirted back guess what....he already had someone though but said that if he was single he would totally have been interested and even during the time ten years ago he would have been interested but i was so nervous and uptight.

here's the lesson: if you like someone and you think it's safe to let them know or you are friends with them, then let them know. all they can do is say thanks but no thanks but you wont have to miss out on someoen really good. i am not saying go up to teh hot guy at the gym and say "oh by the way i like you" because that could be dangerous but if you have a friendship or trusts someone , then sooner or later u have to let it be known.

also even though i wanted to keep the flriting back and forth going, i knew it wasn't going to go anywhere because he had a bf and it was not me and even if it did go somewhere it would have only been a hookup and i would have been dumped later or worst, the guys bf would have been dumped. not good either way, best to leave things alone and check in as friends here and there every blue moon but when someone is with someone, they're off limits.

6. thevedman

Thanks man, I never thought about it that way... Yeah I'm going to forget about it, I've got a ton of work to get on with at the moment anyway so I'm going to just do that for a while and hopefully I'll be able to get over it. It's just crappy luck that the first person I've had some real feelings for in a long time, isn't available.:icon_sad:

---------- Post added 6th Dec 2011 at 07:55 AM ----------

Thanks for your reply man... I know what you mean, I'm just going to leave it alone even though it sucks. My situation was so like yours in a way, because we were getting along really well (still do as friends), and I thought 'wow this guy might actually be interested in me, and he's awesome!' But then out of nowhere he landed the bf word. Ah well. Focus on the work now! Plus I reckon I'll join my gym, good way to keep my mind off things.

7. J Snow

Just be there for him as a friend for now. That's all you can do. Maybe one day he will break up and you'll be there. Or maybe you can just be awesome friends. Win-win right?

8. thevedman

Yeah, you're right friends is better than no friends. Just need to not feel this way about him and it would be easier!