1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My boyfriend broke it off...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Witchcraft, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

ummm I'm not sure how to start this but I met this amazing guy a few months ago and we were really good as friends and everything and we both knew we were gay and stuff but I only saw him as a friend and nothing more than that...we would text each other all day and not get bored or anything but I'm not sure when but we started to develop feelings for each other and this was pretty obvious because we would send each other hearts and stuff and eventually I just felt I couldnt be without him, he's like the most perfect guy I could have ever wanted and so I told him my feelings for him and he told me the exact same way and we started dating...a few days later I decided to break it off....I wasnt sure if I was ready for something like that and I wasnt sure if thats what I wanted but two days later we got together again.....I dont know he would always tell me he loved and things like that but I never really felt like that especially since he lives a bit far and is usually busy with Uni stuff but I just felt he kinda avoided me at time and I usually had to be the one to go visit him or start any sort of conversation...I would always be upset at him and I think thats when he started to avoid me and just yesterday I got really upset at him again because he was never there for me...........and I told he him all I felt for him and how I've been feeling the past few days...about the whole making out with him thing and how I felt I didnt want to be with anyone else but that I never really loved me and stuff........He told me he suspected I felt like that all along but I would always respond with an I'm okay.....I was never really okay...I felt so empty without him but so upset when I was with him cuse I didnt feel he loved me.....he told me that he didnt like how obsessed I was acting with him..and he's right because I was so clingy to him and wanting to talk to him at every possible moment......but I never get to see him :'( ....anyways he felt that we should just be friends for now since I needed time to overcome my insecurities and that I needed to become a more mature person because I couldn't handle a serious relationship like that and neither could he...he just didnt want to make me feel hurt anymore....idk I guess I'm okay ...I feel so hurt but I should just be happy that were still friends........maybe possibly in the future we may get together again but we're just friends for now but I still love him alot more than that.....

Has anyone been through something like this and what advice could you give me? :frowning2:

2. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    First off, you need time to heal. You have wonderful memories and overwhelming feelings right now and he doesn't feel into you like you do into him. If you can, back off a bit. Get some headspace and heal. Maybe then you can go back to being friends with him if you feel like it or you may not.

3. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

Yeah, I had a long talk with him over this whole issue and it's like he was just infatuated with me but then realized he didn't really love me, I'm not sure if I was infatuated or not but I still have strong feelings for him but I guess I'll have to over come them...