1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A stranger to my own kind

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by wellhidden, Dec 5, 2011.

1. wellhidden

wellhidden Guest

So firstly i met this wonderful girl who is completely fine with being a lesbian. The problem is that i really cannot bring myself to talk with her. Shes to vivid and really erratic not in a bad way but i don't feel as if i could connect with her
    She is the first ever homosexual i have ever met (besides myself) and i think i really want to talk to her but i really just can't. i mean she is completely out but as for myself i feel as if i shouldnt associate with her in fear of her outing me. *But shes a lesbian one of us*

I really don't know what to do about this :icon_sad:

well thanks for reading, leave a comment if you wish. It just makes me feel a little better publishing this.

2. J Snow

When I was in high school, I didn't understand my sexual orientation or gender identity at all (in fact a lot of days I still feel that way) and I had a friend (not necessarily one of my closest friend, but he was always there when we hung out and I talked to him fairly often) who was very out. I remember wanting to tell him, but I just never knew what to say. He was in fact the first person I told, but it ended up not being til I was 20.

Now, I could have gotten on with really living my life years earlier. If you think you have a good person to come out to, then go for it. Just because she's a lesbian doesn't mean she's the best person to tell. I told some people I shouldn't have trusted early on instead of my friends who cared about me. I think telling a fellow queer individual is an excellent way to start your coming out process. Just don't forget that there are people close to you that you can trust as well.

Best of luck with whatever you decide (*hug*)

3. insidehappy

insidehappy Guest

i am not saying what you should or shouldn't do but i know one thing. keeping this bottled up, having separate lives, feeling depressed inside, lying to yourself and others, well it just tears you completely down inside. trust me.