What Am I?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by alakay, Dec 6, 2011.

1. alakay

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Okay, so this will sound like all the other stories from people like me, but I need someone to give me answers.
    I'm a girl, and I like guys. A lot. But that's not my problem. For this whole year, I've been starting to feel like I'm in love with my best friend, who is a girl. I don't know what to do. I can't tell if it's just my hormones, or real. What should I do?
    I know my friend is a very strong supporter of gay rights, but I'm not sure if she'll accept my feelings towards her. And it was made really hard when she told me that she thinks she likes this guy who she's been flirting with for a while now. And they look so good together.
    The thing is, I would tell her. I'm not ashamed of it. I'm just afraid that she won't reciprocate and our friendship will never be the same, and I know people say that if she's a true friend it would be alright, but it won't be. Everything would change if I told my friend I ws in love with her in a lesbain way. Would never hug again, and sleepovers would be out of the question.
    What should I do? There's a feeling I get that she has something to tell me to, but I don't think it's the same thing. Besides, she's the kind of person who would happily tell me if she loved me. Gah, I'm so confused. I feel like such a drama-queen.

2. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, man. I've been here.

Here's what's possible: You're bisexual.

What to do: Leave the couple be. Chances are, they're better off together than either with you. I know that hurts, but it's probably best that way.

3. J Snow

Okay, so you asked "Who am I?" I have the answer but it might shock you. The truth is you are...

A human being!

The truth is human sexuality is way more complicated than people give it credit. Words are wind, and likewise labels tend to be more restrictive than beneficial. If you like your friend and want to see if they feel the same, tell them. Don't let others dictate who you are and aren't.

I hope that helps. Welcome to the site and good luck (*hug*) You can always message me if you need someone to talk to.

4. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I think you should put your feelings for your friend to the side for now, and just let her be with whoever. I mean, you don't even know what you are yet. I think you should explore your sexuality a little bit and see where it takes you. Like, you say you think you love her but are you sexually attracted to her? Or are you sexually attracted to any other girl? That's the more important question.