1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by behind glass, Dec 6, 2011.

1. behind glass

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For a while now I have had the idea of coming out just to have the weight lifted off of my shoulders but I don't know if I should or not. I feel that if I come out I will have a better chance to find someone. I also just have a lot of fear that if I come out people will hate me. I go to a small school to and people aren't that open minded so if I come out I don't know how they would react. I guess I don't know would it be a good idea to come out or not. I need advice and encouragement to coming out because I don't know if its a good idea or worth it.

2. J Snow

Only you know best when you feel comfortable coming out. Still, it sounds like you are ready and want to be open and honest about who you are. Best of luck with whatever you decide to do (*hug*)

3. Doctor Faustus

Hi there. As J Snow said, do it in your own time and on your own terms.

Make a list of people to come out to if you want, in order of priority. That might help to clear your head a little. Also don't feel pressured to tell people face-to-face. Write a letter if you feel you can express yourself better on paper.

Hope this helps. (*hug*)

4. Hidinginalabama

There are lots of reason's to come out. But it is up to you if you feel its the right time or not. You know your self and if you feel its not going to go the way you want then wait. If you feel that you are lossing it because your not out then do it. I live in alabama so I totally know how it is to be hated for being gay but I would rather people hate me all day then hide who I really am. Best of luck and never forget that we are always here for you if you need us. Best of luck and big hug(*hug*)